cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO SIM shows after number transfer

zhonglin1002
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hi, i just transferred my number from Fido to Public and activated my new SIM card. it has been over 2 hours, but my phone still shows NO SIM with new SIM card in. Has anyone come across the same issue? thank you

38 REPLIES 38

@zhonglin1002 wrote:

FIDO line has shut down and no service with FIDO SIM. It has been over 2 hrs but still showing NO SIM. Any step i can take?

Another question would be, did you leave your FIDO account active while you ported your number to PM, or did you shut down your FIDO account BEFORE you attempted to get a PM account working?

On some phones it also says no sim card if the phone is locked.

Are you sure your phone is unlocked? Maybe contact Fido with your IMEI number and get the unlock code.

@zhonglin1002 Do you have another phone to try the SIM card?

If that is your only phone, perhaps the SIM card is not making contact on your phone tray.

Try applying a small piece of tape onto the back of the SIM card and retry.

zhonglin1002

yes i did several times. New SIM is activated

zhonglin1002

thank you for your reply

FIDO line has shut down and no service with FIDO SIM. It has been over 2 hrs but still showing NO SIM. Any step i can take?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@zhonglin1002, number porting generally takes between 30 minutes to 2 hours.  Is the Fido service still active.  If so continue to use it until the porting is done after which the Fido line will shut down automatically.  Also check the Public Mobile online account to confirm that it is in active status.

A no SIM indication on the phone means the phone is unable to read the SIM card.  Try shutting down the phone and re-inserting the SIM card.  Note that no SIM condition is different from inactive SIM.  The latter means the SIM is being read but however it is inactive.  Inactive would be indicative of account set up problems. 

Try the above troubleshooting and report back any findings and we can go from there.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@zhonglin1002 wrote:

hi, i just transferred my number from Fido to Public and activated my new SIM card. it has been over 2 hours, but my phone still shows NO SIM with new SIM card in. Has anyone come across the same issue? thank you

Your phone is not detecting the SIM card.

Can you try the SIM card on another phone?

buiya
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

have you rebooted the phone and was the port successful?

Need Help? Let's chat.