cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO SIM problem

gektor45
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Greetings all.

I bought 2 SIM cards online, for me and my partner.

Started activation process on 1st one, all well went but both of our phones show NO SIM.

I decided to wait and started with activation of 2nd SIM. Everything went well same as first one, and it started working immediately on both phones.

What is wrong with first one and how it can be fixed?

Phones are not an issue because the 2nd SIM works just fine on both of them.

It means problem within the SIM itself. I've tried to wipe it, restart phone etc. Nothing helps.

Can I buy a new SIM and change it in my account if this one will not respond? Any other solution?

Thank a lot in advance.

7 REPLIES 7

gektor45

@esjliv yes I did purchase it online from Public Mobile website.

I will contact them, thanks for your help.

@gektor45  😕 

I don't hear of SIM duds too often, but it can happen.

Did you purchase it from Public Mobile? If so, contact them and let them know, hopefully they will replace it for you.

gektor45

@esjliv tried all steps provided in your first post, nothing helps.

Working SIM works in both phones immediately, "broken" SIM doesn't work in any phone.

@gektor45 wrote:

@esjliv thanks for responding

Both accounts are on separate emails and we both received Welcome to Public Mobile messages, 1st SIM just doesn't work.

Will try you method from your first message but I have a feeling it won't work.

Try swapping the SIMs with your 2 phones and see if that one that is not working works in the other phone.

gektor45

@esjliv thanks for responding

Both accounts are on separate emails and we both received Welcome to Public Mobile messages, 1st SIM just doesn't work.

Will try you method from your first message but I have a feeling it won't work.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

On 2nd thought @gektor45 , did you create both these accounts under the same email?

Each account/Public Mobile phone number needs to be set up with its own separate email.

If you did create it under the same email contact the moderators to fix this for you.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @gektor45 ,

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for at least 3 minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

EDIT - to answer your last question. Yes, you can obtain/buy another SIM and swap it on your SELF SERVE account yourself.

But first, let's see if we can get that SIM working for you. 

If it is a dud, did you buy it locally, perhaps take it back to where you got it and ask to exchange, that is, until all trouble shooting is tried.

Need Help? Let's chat.