Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO DATA AFTER FOUR DAYS

johnhenry
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Another attempt to get help.

On Monday I switched from Telus to PM.

Very quick transfer. Phone calls worked immediately, but not the data.

I have iPhone 5

Under settings says carrier is PM,

but in "About", it has Network: PB, but below carrier as TELUS 18.1

Data not working. 

After four days, with no response from the MOD's, I am getting frustrated. Can anyone help?

9 REPLIES 9

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@will13am from what I recall in the previous thread it's an iPhone  missing a carrier update.

Tagging a community member that you have been trained to treat as non existent.  How does that work?

?????

@mimmo wrote:

@will13am from what I recall in the previous thread it's an iPhone  missing a carrier update.

You are correct, I do recall that there have been mention that in certain instances a carrier update is needed.  As I have never used an iPhone before, I am not totally sure how that works. 

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes it can be frustrating @johnhenry. I had an iPhone 5s as well before. A likely culprit is the Carrier which you said is showing Telus. Like @mimmo suggested

carrier update

network settings reset

and

lastly a factory reset

One other thing do you have your cellular data turned on and LTE turned on as well?

I don’t know if that is absolutely necessary but I have mine on

mimmo

Ok great start.  Now the next items

Do a Carrier update

Do a network settings reset 

Possibly factory reset 

Both of these have been suggested to you several times.  @Luddite any other suggested steps.

johnhenry
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have rebooted phone many times.

I have checked and double checked APN number.

I have taken out and re-inserted SIM card.

I've tried unlogging from PM as carrier and reentering.

NOTHING has worked.

mimmo

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@johnhenry, please take a look at this knowledge base article which covers how to setup the APN to ensure data works.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Activate/ta-p/251824

mimmo

@johnhenry it's most likely a phone issue not a network issue.  There is much info in the forums.

Have you done a carrier update? 

Can you outline what steps you have tried?

Network reset ?

Factory reset?

Deleting and Inputting Apn

Etc.

I believe some of these were mentioned I .the other thread you were asking help in.

Haiggy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@johnhenry wrote:

Another attempt to get help.

On Monday I switched from Telus to PM.

Very quick transfer. Phone calls worked immediately, but not the data.

I have iPhone 5

Under settings says carrier is PM,

but in "About", it has Network: PB, but below carrier as TELUS 18.1

Data not working. 

After four days, with no response from the MOD's, I am getting frustrated. Can anyone help?

I have an iPhone 5s, and the carrier should read Public Mobile 33.0. What you can try to do is what I've been successful with, and that is to reset the network settings on your iPhone. You can do this by selecting Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. Bear in mind, you will also need to reconnect any WiFi connections, as it will also clear those passwords out from your phone as well.

Need Help? Let's chat.