cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW Client - Invalid sim?

bjohnston91
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got a brand new sim and went through the activation process until the credit card portion. I put in my info and got an error. When I went to start again it said the sim was invalid. If I cant fix this in 24 hours I am just throwing the sim out because I just need this for a few days while I wait for mine to arrive. 

10 REPLIES 10

bjohnston91

No it didn’t resolve. I decided to go in store and skip the headache. He was unable to activate me at London Drugs. I went to another provider.

rrgg0615
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Did it fix now, i am asking cuz I got the same message and an invalid sim card now. Would be great if you can let me know how it works at the end.

bjohnston91

The phone is unlocked and I double checked it will work on the network however I haven’t even got to that part before I got the error message. 

Is the phone unlocked ? Is it 3G or LTE compliant ? Good luck.

bjohnston91

Yea I loooked for both but nothing. I used to work for TELUS, Koodo and pc mobile so I have tried a few tricks without luck 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

sometimes the cc actually goes through even if it says it didnt.  have you tried teh sim in a phone to check for service or have you checked your cc recent transactions?

bjohnston91

Great. Eating ice cream and standing by for now lol. Thanks. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it's unfortunate that it goes to a page that looks like that.

It's actually really poor non-standard web-page design. What they've done is over-written the standard 404 and used that page. If you get that page, just use the back button and you're back to where you were. You don't actually really need to re log in. You may still get the invalid sim upon going back and trying again but at least you're still logged in.

I also strongly recommend using an open, unaltered browser when doing money things for the first time at a new site. I use Firefox but I've clamped down a bunch of things in it. When I have issues with a site I use Edge that I've left pretty much stock.

smckinlay80
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

im having the same problem trying to activate mine.Guess ill just wait

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@bjohnston91

No need to throw out SIM Card.  Wait 1 hour and try again.  The website is finicky at times.  You could also try a different webbrowser, clearing cache or using incognito or privacy mode.... Quite a few people experience the same thing upon activation....

Need Help? Let's chat.