cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW CUSTOMER - Difficulties Registering SIM Card - Invalid SIM Card

ksbeasley
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When attempting to activate a new SIM card on Public Mobile website we are receiving the message: "Invalid SIM". We have attempt multiple times and have made it through to the Summary on one occasion but it was still unsuccessful.

Of note: We do not have an active Public Mobile account or service currently.

Of note2: Tried using ChatBot to create a ticket but I need to have an active Public Mobile Account to create a ticket (which I do not have). 

Any help with this would be appreciated. Any ideas on how to connect with Moderators when we do not have an active account yet would also be appreciated.

11 REPLIES 11

ksbeasley

Thanks for your reply, and no I can’t get into my service Acct. My computer crashed a week ago. But I may try to get to my In-laws today and try. 

Also his phone is a Samsung galaxy J3 prime 

@ksbeasley 2 questions. Can you log into your self service account?  And what's the make and model of your phone? Thanks.

To see if you can get a new SIM card contact the moderators and ask them for one. Use this private message link to contact them directly. Stay safe. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

ksbeasley

My sons phone is still not working, I took our SIM cards and battery and out everything back in and it worked for like 10 mins I was able to google and search the web and then said no SIM card once again. I had a friend dealing with this for me because I Am “technically challenged” you could say but I have tried everything I can with this phone. I truly believe the SIM card isn’t any good. When we registered it kept telling us the SIM card number was I invalid, then finally it did work and I got to payment and to the final submit and processing part and then the circle just went around and around an around for like 5 mins and then told us there was and error and to just sign back in. But that isn’t working. 

This was a graduation gift for my son and he was sooo excited to get it and it’s been weeks of it not being able to work, so disappointing to say the least. If a new SIM card is needed could you please send me a new one, as I bought and paid for one that does not work. I’m literally just trying to set up and phone and move on with my life and this task has felt impossible. I have no idea why this problem can’t be fixed. Please just help me complete the 5 min process and get this phone working. 

@Jb456 wrote:

@ksbeasley  you can reach moderators two ways.

1-

Simon.JPG

 type "contact us" then "click me"

2- via private message at link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Jb456 @Austin_YQU 

In this case, using the SIMon chat would not work to open a ticket. There wouldn't be a way to verifty an account that the customer doesn't have access to/wasn't created (at least "if" it wasn't created).  @ksbeasley said in the first post that using SIMon wasn't possible.  The private message link is a good option in this situation.

Austin_YQU

Ask Chabot to connect you with a moderator, it’s like you activation process wasn’t successful.....

@ksbeasley  you can reach moderators two ways.

1-

Simon.JPG

 type "contact us" then "click me"

2- via private message at link below.

Double check your entry. Do you have the physical SIM card or just the number? It is possible that someone has registered your SIM number in error. 

ksbeasley

I have left it for a couple of hours and switched to a new laptop to try activating the SIM. Unfortunately, I had the same result...."Invalid SIM".

I tried putting the SIM card in the phone to see if it would work and it did not.

We also checked our credit card and there does not appear to be any charges on the card from Public Mobile.

How do I get in touch with a moderator who could look up the SIM card to see what it looks like from their end?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ksbeasley 

PM activation server cannot handle back page well.  After going back a page, always close your browser and restart your browser to start over again.  If you get an invalid SIM card, wait one hour for PM server to close your failed session and your SIM card can be used again.  Good luck.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Did you pass the payment section? 

If yes check if your card was charged.

If it was charged put your sim card in your phone it will likely work.

If it does work and you were charged go to link below to create your self serve account.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

If you were not charged. System locks sim for 50 minutes. Wait one hour, clear internet cookie/history cache open a fresh browser in incongnito mode and try again.

Don't forget a referral code for a $10 sign up bonus. If you used one and were charged and service works the credit will be applied within 72 hours.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

Lorca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Wait an hour and try again. Erase your browser history. When you start filling in the information, don’t go back a page or take too long filling out the form because it can time out. 

Need Help? Let's chat.