cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SIM BUT FAR AWAY from Monteal, Toronto, Vancouver

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

So there is a way for spare SIMs to be used in this promo even if you are far away; say Alberta.

BUT it does involve some trust. Here's how it can be done:

1. those in need connect with spare SIM owners by private message

2. spare SIM owner sends unactivated SIM number to new customer by private message

3. new customer activates promo plan on a new account with a TEMPORARY number using the SIM number; giving referral to the "owner"

4. owner confirms SIM is active and mails to new customer; new customer could mail any SIM that arrives too late to the owner

5. all is sweetness and light 😊

The low trust method is as above until step 4 and becomes instead:

4. new customer logs into their account and suspends service under Lost/Stolen Phone

5. new customer orders new SIM and reinstates their account with the new SIM under Change SIM

6. slightly less sweetness and light 🙂

Ralph will chase any miscreants.     RalphRalph

SUGGEST those with spares post here with their locale. Those with a need can private message nearest "owner".

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
15 REPLIES 15

cgartly
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have 4 SIMs in Kelowna BC, happy to help out anyone that needs it.

No cost for the SIM if you use me as a referral, PM me and we can exchange details.  I will send via regular mail tomorrow.  If you don't use me as a referal just re-imburse me the $5 for the SIM.

If you want it sooner I can express post or priority mail at your cost - you'll have to send me an email money transfer.

@mimmo wrote:

@Luddite you mentioned in this post to: 

4. owner confirms SIM is active and mails to new customer; new customer could mail any SIM that arrives too late to the owner

how does the sim owner do this?  

Once the SIM is activated the person holding the actual SIM card just tries it in their phone. Remember an activated SIM provides service in any unlocked phone; the phone does not need to be registered to Public Mobile.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Luddite you mentioned in this post to: 

how does the sim owner do this?  

Pier
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

One is available in North york for free. Anyone interested in, let me know and I'll message the # in private.

diveman

The Sim card available in East Scarborough has been spoken for and activated.  Welcome Nick to PM.

diveman

1 Sim available. Happy to provide for free for East Scarborough/Pickering. 

ute1978

Talking about greed.... Yes, I expected this black market.

jeremyesq
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
@ute1978 Public Mobile SIMs are being offered for $75 and $100 on the Toronto Kijiji. One seller offering them for $25 claims he has 20 available.

CALGARY: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Extra-SIM-Card-in-Calgary/m-p/100627

East-Scarborough-West-Hill-Pickering link:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Extra-Sim-in-East-Scarborough-West-Hill-Pi...

HAMILTON link: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/4-SIM-cards-for-those-who-need-them/m-p/10...

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

@meekju1339 is in Hamilton and has 4 cards to spare... they mentioned they've already been doing the send SIM card number by private message then mailing them the SIM. For a referral, it seems like a nice gesture. Can also exchange a $5 fee through PayPal or Interac transfers.

ute1978

People should also check Vancouver craigslist, but be prepared to be ripped off.

$25 for one sim card???? Greedy bastards. May the bad karma be with them.

@Luddite can you send Ralph on the hunt for the bad guys? 😉

NANAIMO: 3 spare

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Great post that will be helpful to some.  I have seen some people offering up extra SIMS so they are out there.  Get as many people as possible on this great deal

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.