cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED MOD ASAP. SIGNED UP NOVEMBER 19. REFERRAL BEING TOLD MY ACCOUNT IS CANCELLED.

OhHaiMark
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

@Mary_M, @Shazia_K, @Saray_O @Jeremy_M 

I signed up Sunday afternoon trying to port from Wind and I got a "- Sorry, your account activation request has failed. Please visit our online community at href=" https://publicmobile.ca
/community" Target="_blank">publicmobile.ca/community for assistance." error. But right below that it says "Thanks for submitting your activation request. Your request has been processed. Full details are below." I messaged the MODs same day to get it resolved and have been patiently waiting.

My credit card was charged. Couple days later I was able to access my account and it shows my plan but nothing works.

The person that I put as my referral is being told that my account is cancelled.

Please reply to my private message ASAP as this is getting quite ridiculous now and there is misinformation being told to other users.

Thanks,

Mark

8 REPLIES 8

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Awesome work Shaz thank you

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @OhHaiMark

I'm really sorry for the long wait, 

Can you please reboot your phone? everything should be functional now. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

OhHaiMark

Need Mod assistance.  @Shazia_K, 16 days no service. 

Received a text on November 22nd saying the transfer went through and yet I cannot make any calls but my Freedom Mobile sim card worked until last night.

So I'm stuck in a limbo.  When trying to make calls, Public Mobile says I don't have a phone plan (when I do) according to my account.

OhHaiMark

I usually carry both SIMS on me in case a miracle happens and the port happens.  I've read they've moved start dates for people so as long as they do that (when they finally respond that is) I'm happy.  I've paid for 90 days service only 83 more days to go.

If this doesn't help you are stuck waiting for the moderators:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/How-I-fixed-porting-my-mobile-number-and-p...

Try the Wind SIM. If it works just keep using it until it stops. Do not cancel your Wind account; or if you have another phone, use your old SIM in it and carry two phones. Robot LOL

Meanwhile, if your service goes down you can make phone calls with an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi.

It's going to take a while but I'm sure PM will make good.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

OhHaiMark

Thanks @mimmo.  As my post says I have private messaged the moderators with all my "current" public mobile details and my old Wind details.

Its been a week and I've been patient.  What has me upset is the fact that they are telling other users that my account is cancelled when I've been trying to resolve it for a week.

Also thanks for the tip about my old SIM. I've been using it since public mobile doesn't work.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@OhHaiMark  best is to provate message the moderator with your account info (phone number, account email etc) and   reference this thread. that way the mods will be able to find your account easily and acess the situation.   As you know teh typical 48 turnaround is longer beause of teh large number of new subscribers.  can be up to several days.  

Does you rold sim work?  if yes use that till this is resolved.   

OhHaiMark
Need Help? Let's chat.