cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My transferred number doesn't work

heyjoe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I transferred my old number to my Public Mobile account last evening. Still doesn't work (and my Public Mobile assigned number was deactivated too). The number requested was from my old phone, which was lost and never recovered. I'm thinking that the SMS message that Public sends out confirming my request to transfer, went to my old phone (which still contains my old SIM card). Bell sent an email (not an SMS text) confirming the request, but there has been no action since. Right now I have a Public Mobile account with an old phone number that doesn't work and I can't reuest another number. Can someone please help?

3 REPLIES 3

@heyjoe 

Yes call the porting department with your bell account #.

Edit: Did you contact bell and authorize your port request? This could be the issue that the porting department will help you with....

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@heyjoe wrote:

Hi there,

I transferred my old number to my Public Mobile account last evening. Still doesn't work (and my Public Mobile assigned number was deactivated too). The number requested was from my old phone, which was lost and never recovered. I'm thinking that the SMS message that Public sends out confirming my request to transfer, went to my old phone (which still contains my old SIM card). Bell sent an email (not an SMS text) confirming the request, but there has been no action since. Right now I have a Public Mobile account with an old phone number that doesn't work and I can't reuest another number. Can someone please help?

@heyjoe I would give the Telus Port Team a call. They will probably be able to sort you out.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Submit a ticket here and type "port request" 

Here is more information on the porting process:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Need Help? Let's chat.