cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My text messages are not being sent. Please help!

cgpmobile
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

My text messages are not sending. I am able to receive them fine. But, nothing I am sending is going through. My calls are working fine also.

I tried to reboot, same issue. My account payments are also up to date.

Please help me. Thank you to all!

20 REPLIES 20

@cgpmobile 

Just for future reference, all "In Canada" add-ons roll over every cycle until used up, "US Roaming" expires after 10 days not matter what.

I mention this because depending on your usage it may be cost wise to get extra minutes if you are just falling short of your renewal date when you minutes run out!

@cgpmobile wrote:

youre right. just realized my plan renewal date changed to august 7th. so my new plan starts today, and the previous plan is gone/done. no proration etc. I guess its a small price to pay! Thanks again - was really pissed off and stressed out that no one was getting my txts.

Yeah, sorry I did not get that in earlier!

EDIT: I agree, small price to pay.

cgpmobile

youre right. just realized my plan renewal date changed to august 7th. so my new plan starts today, and the previous plan is gone/done. no proration etc. I guess its a small price to pay! Thanks again - was really pissed off and stressed out that no one was getting my txts.

@cgpmobile yea it's much better here, we have *611 it's good for paying your bill buying add ons and lots of other things check it out it doesn't use any minutes

@cgpmobile wrote:

youre right! just saw a promo plan for $15. I am trying to change it now. I am on auto pay, and want the change to happen now, or tomorrow. So do I have add money to my account? $15, then change the plan? then next renewal, it'll deduct the new plan amount? thanks.

Not quite, If you do an immediate plan change you will be deducted for the new plan right away and your plan renewal date will change to today and every 30 days there after. Anything you had previously in your plan will be lost. 

cgpmobile

thanks for all the help everyone! its a hasstle, but im paying waay less than with the crooks at robelus (rogers, bell, telus, etc) - and the $15 is all i need now. 100 min, 250 bonus data, unlimited txt, caller ID. Miss having *611 to whine and bit*h to haha.

Maple98
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@cgpmobile wrote:

youre right! just saw a promo plan for $15. I am trying to change it now. I am on auto pay, and want the change to happen now, or tomorrow. So do I have add money to my account? $15, then change the plan? then next renewal, it'll deduct the new plan amount? thanks.

This is from PM Knowledge Base:

You can purchase Add-Ons by dialing *611, or by signing in to your Self-Serve account. Before you purchase an Add-On, we recommend you review your options here, so you know what Add-On best suits your needs, and how much it will cost.

To purchase an Add-On using this method, you will need to have a payment card registered to your account. Find out how to register your card in Self-Serve here. Dial *611 on your phone, and follow the prompts to first make a payment using a Public Mobile payment voucher, credit card, or Visa Debit card. After adding funds equal to or greater than the Add-On you wish to purchase, follow the prompts to buy an Add-On. You will need your 4-digit account PIN to purchase an Add-On. You selected your PIN when you activated your account.

Self-Serve

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!

• Changing your plan is a different process, but you’ll likely want to set that up to change at time of renewal, instead of part way through your current plan

@cgpmobile wrote:

@cgpmobile Yes you need to add the $15 to your account snd then select an immediate plan change to the $15 plan.

Edit: Too slow

@cgpmobile  yes add the money then change plan

cgpmobile

@cgpmobile the 15 dollar plan is probably better suited to your needs

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@cgpmobile wrote:

Hello,

My text messages are not sending. I am able to receive them fine. But, nothing I am sending is going through. My calls are working fine also.

Log into My Account /Data & Add-ons. If you don't see any text info there...then they've been used up. You'll have to wait until next renewal for them to come back.

cgpmobile

It used to show 50/50 text messages used. Now it just shows my minutes. no word or mention about my txt msgs. How can I add more if thats the case? I'm on a cheap basic plan, but now seems I need at least 100 txt msgs (from 50 per month)

@cgpmobile wrote:

Correct! I am on the $10 plan, 50 min, 50 txt msgs. My usage is not even showing my txt msg and how many used or how many left

@cgpmobile  If the message count is not showing that means you have used up your message allowance 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@cgpmobileif you are then check in data and addon section if they are not showing up then you used them all up

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

so which plan you have, you may run out all text messages. if u are 10 plan, go to self account, u will find out how many going so far. 

cgpmobile

Correct! I am on the $10 plan, 50 min, 50 txt msgs. My usage is not even showing my txt msg and how many used or how many left

cgpmobile

Thanks for the reply. I do not have another phone to test out the sim

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@cgpmobile are you on the 10 dollar plan?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@cgpmobile wrote:

Hello,

@cgpmobile Do you have access to another phone to test your sim with. This will help us determine if it's an account issue or a phone issue.

Need Help? Let's chat.