Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My simcard not yet arrived

dnacoriace
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello everyone 

I am new to this community

I ordered my simcard on the 7th of September but still not arrived. 

Whom should I contact 

thanks

deena

5 REPLIES 5

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dnacoriace 

Welcome to the Public Mobile Community!  🙂

Nice name too, Deena.

As others have said, wait a while.  From what I understand, Public Mobile gets a 3rd party to fulfill their SIM card orders and they take a very long time for whatever reason.  One of our frequent members here posted that he ordered and received a SIM card faster from the UK than from Public Mobile!

Sorry to hear about your delays, but in this case - hang in there, or you can buy one from Canadian Cell Supplies, Amazon, or a local kiosk/provider.  (I would avoid Wal-mart, they've been known to pressure people to activate on-the-spot.)

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@dnacoriace  as mentioned above, SIM delivery could take 3 weeks

Are you in a rush for activation ?  If so, consider getting it from local kiosks (Warlmat/Loblaws/London Drugs), they might give you the SIM for free if you activate with them (but be aware that 2GBBONUS does not work on instore activation)

Or order from Amazon if you have Prime membership.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@dnacoriace 

As mentioned above, shipping times can be up to 2-3 weeks depending on location.  Delays due to Covid and shipping volumes.  PM uses Canada Post.

Here is the official announcement:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Courier-Delays/m-p/647439#M48264

If you need a SIM card sooner, you may want to consider purchasing in store if possible.  Walmart, Mobile shops (inside Superstore), London drugs, WOW mobile, Some authorized Koodo dealers, even some gas stations (like Shell).  You can keep the mailed SIM card for future use (ie. friend referral, etc.)

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It can take up to three weeks for delivery.  If after three weeks, you still haven't received it then submit a ticket.

Here’s when and how to contact our Customer Support Agents:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@dnacoriace...please allow up to 3 weeks for it to arrive..

edit, if you happen to be in the GTA, you can make arrangements to pick up and pay $5 for a PM sim here...

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/sim-cards/products/public-sim-card

...they have free super-fast mail service too.

Need Help? Let's chat.