cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My sim card needs a pin but the one i created didnt work during activation

ivonemartins
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I activated my sim card the pin that I had created didnt unlock the sim. I need to have my sim pin changed so I can use the network. I found that i need a moderator to change it.

3 REPLIES 3

@ivonemartins wrote:

When I activated my sim card the pin that I had created didnt unlock the sim. I need to have my sim pin changed so I can use the network. I found that i need a moderator to change it.

Public Mobile SIM cards do have a secuirty PIN set by default to 1234, but there really isn't any reason to need to enter that with a brand new sim card.

Is the exact thing being asked for called the "sim network unlock pin"?  If it is, that isn't the PIN of the sim card, nor the one that you chose during acccount activation.  That would meant that you device is locked to another carrier.  You would have to contact the carrier that phone is locked to request that they have it unlcoked for you.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ivonemartins why do you need pin for your Sim Card ?

Is your phone unlock ?

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ivonemartins wrote:

If you want to send a private message to the moderators click the envelope icon at the top right of your screen.  In the Send To field, type Moderator_Team.  

Need Help? Let's chat.