cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My sim card doesn't work, activated 4hours ago

trinhtri
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I lived in NB Canada, I transferred from Chatr with an existed phone number. It has been 4 hours since I activated the sim card. I can't seem to call anyone. It said "can't complete your call, you don't have active long-distance add on and this call is not cover by your plan" I picked the $15 plan with unlimited Canada wide calling. Why is this not working? Please help 

11 REPLIES 11

trinhtri

A moderator has pushed some network updates in my account before I could try to do anything and my service is working now! Thanks again guys

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@trinhtri   great to see.  you have a bonus $4  ontop of the $2,  thanks of PM and its bugs.

what did you do to get the service working? or did gremlins do it?

@mimmo wrote:

@trinhtri  does your old sim work?  trying to see if the port was completed.

I cant remember if the lost stolen trick will work on this issue could be worth a try as you have funds in account.  login-> plans and addons -> lost stolen  -> toggle button for 5 mins.

if your port went through and you need your phone) you could could try doing an immideate  plan change to the $10 plan and see if that activates the process?  (not sure what the current mod wait time is.   If you go this route there is no guarentee that the mods will change your plan back to the 15$, but they have been pretty good in the past.

also just a fyi teh 15$ plan only has unlimited incoming.  outgoing it has only 10 minutes.

Good suggestion!  I had a colleague who had the same problem during activation.  I thought it to he w payment issue and didn't try changing plans. We did play around with payment and added extra funds without success.  It is sad to see this bug come back. 

trinhtri

Thanks everyone, I got some charges in the accountScreen Shot 2019-09-20 at 11.18.05 PM.png and was able to make calls now. 
The numbers didn't quite match up though, is there another problem too?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@trinhtri  does your old sim work?  trying to see if the port was completed.

I cant remember if the lost stolen trick will work on this issue could be worth a try as you have funds in account.  login-> plans and addons -> lost stolen  -> toggle button for 5 mins.

if your port went through and you need your phone) you could could try doing an immideate  plan change to the $10 plan and see if that activates the process?  (not sure what the current mod wait time is.   If you go this route there is no guarentee that the mods will change your plan back to the 15$, but they have been pretty good in the past.

also just a fyi teh 15$ plan only has unlimited incoming.  outgoing it has only 10 minutes.

@geopublic wrote:

@trinhtri  While waiting for the moderator you can try the following. Access your selfserve account select the Payment tab and disable AutoPay. Wait for a couple of minutes and then re-enable Autopay. Did the renewal date change?

Not going to work otherwise I would have suggested something like this.  Of course, this could be a new strain of the old bug.  

@trinhtri  While waiting for the moderator you can try the following. Access your selfserve account select the Payment tab and disable AutoPay. Wait for a couple of minutes and then re-enable Autopay. Did the renewal date change?

trinhtri

Okay thank you, I submitted one, waiting to be contacted

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@trinhtri , it looks like the dreaded December 1969 bug has come back.  This is a sign of an activation issue.  You definitely need to get a moderator to fix it.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage or try using this link. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team. Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions. Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.

trinhtri

It seems like my payment didn't work or something and the due date looks kinda weird
Screen Shot 2019-09-20 at 10.47.12 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-20 at 10.47.22 PM.png

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@trinhtriIt sounds like you have a provisioning problem. You will need to contact the moderators by click on the ? in the lower right hand corner, talk to SIMon and get a ticket generated.

Need Help? Let's chat.