cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My posts disappearing

sulagok
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have made 3 responses to two different topics today but they’re not included in the thread when I checked back few minutes later

6 REPLIES 6

Website is very broken in many little ways. 

I'm guessing they keep replacing people with automation to cut costs... with software which needs lots of babysitting and tweaking to keep running smoothly. It seems evident to me that Telus wants Public Mobile to become an automated and compartmentalized department with no budget and no staff. 

@computergeek541  I do find if the disappearing post winds up in my drafts section i can just hit post and it finds its way to the appropriate thread. It's never boring on the community except at maybe 4am on a Sunday night long after a flash sale has ended....

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonymous  Geez that's the best explanation I've had yet. The editing can wreak havoc on posts but I didn't know about the moving threads thing...makes sense.

@sulagok  This happens to me all the time. But if you get the red message thingy try going into your profile and scroll down towards the bottom where your bravoed posts appear...on the left side opposite the photo section you can often find unfinished drafts or your disappearing posts. Not all the time but a lot. That's where I go first when mine disappear.

I'll sometimes move a thread about something such as not being able to receive text messages being posted in the Rewards category as an example.   To my knowledge, some of the time, the new message just follows the move, but other times, it gives some error message.  I'm not sure if it'll work if you just click on post again, or if you'l have to find the new location of the post and do a copy and paste of  your response.

@Anonymous  Geez that's the best explanation I've had yet. The editing can wreak havoc on posts but I didn't know about the moving threads thing...makes sense.

@sulagok  This happens to me all the time. But if you get the red message thingy try going into your profile and scroll down towards the bottom where your bravoed posts appear...on the left side opposite the photo section you can often find unfinished drafts or your disappearing posts. Not all the time but a lot. That's where I go first when mine disappear.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sulagok wrote:

I have made 3 responses to two different topics today but they’re not included in the trend when I checked back few minutes later

Sometimes doing multiple fast-ish edits can trigger some function that thinks it's spam or something and doesn't show the post. It goes somewhere needing moderation. uh huh 🙂

Dunkman: That red box often means the thread was moved out from under you. You're in a thread, you click reply, you start typing - in that meantime an Oracle has moved the thread or merged it with another thread. Stuff like that. But you've been here awhile...so this is kinda for others.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@sulagok 

A few of my posts also did not post today, but there was a red warning that something went wrong.  

Website can be finicky.  Maybe try a different web browser, clear cache or incognito mode.  

Need Help? Let's chat.