cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My ported number is stuck

minhn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I need advice. I tried porting my number over to Public Mobile on Oct 13, since then I have learn that my old provider has cancelled my old account and now my ported number is stuck/failed. I am unable to use the change to new number option on the self serve menu. I have reached out to @CS_Agent since October 13 and it took 3 days to get a response and I have replied and no response from the moderator team since then. Can I just go to a store and get another sim card and have them transfer all my information over to get a new number? Or is my only option is waiting for a moderator to respond approx every 72hrs? It has been well over a week since I haven't been able to use my phone and I have already paid for the month. Does anyone know if PM give partial refund or credits back? 

4 REPLIES 4

@minhn wrote:

Even if I just want a brand new number all together but all my same information? 

The thing is that porting is assosiated with your account. So if you were to get a new sim with a new number you would also have to get a new account and use a different email as well. Also anything you have paid for with your previous account will be lost.

minhn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Even if I just want a brand new number all together but all my same information? 

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@minhn wrote:

Hello, I need advice. I tried porting my number over to Public Mobile on Oct 13, since then I have learn that my old provider has cancelled my old account and now my ported number is stuck/failed. I am unable to use the change to new number option on the self serve menu. I have reached out to @CS_Agent since October 13 and it took 3 days to get a response and I have replied and no response from the moderator team since then. Can I just go to a store and get another sim card and have them transfer all my information over to get a new number? Or is my only option is waiting for a moderator to respond approx every 72hrs? It has been well over a week since I haven't been able to use my phone and I have already paid for the month. Does anyone know if PM give partial refund or credits back? 

Sorry I know it sucks. 😞 They are really busy but working hard to respond to each inquiry. Support staff is small but that’s why this service is such low cost. Rest assured you WILL be taken care of.

For me, the extremely rare time I need a moderator to respond I have to wait but the rest of the time I save a lot of money. I save about $490 a year with public mobile so its worth it.

No need to send multiple messages unless you forgot to include your identity / pin number for verification then sending a second message (Click to send) will speed it up for you as the first response from them will be "who are you? " or "whats your pin?". 

For more information about contacting a moderator Click Here

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@minhn Unfortunately, you will have to wait for the mod to reply back and fix it from their end. You cannot activate a new sim and port your number as it is currently stuck. 

cc: @CS_Agent @Shazia_K @Mary_M

Need Help? Let's chat.