cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My ported number is not receiving incoming calls for one week.

mohi92
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello all,

I ported my number from Chatr to PM on 18th October 2018. My new activation cannot receive any incoming calls. Incoming and outgoing texts are okay, but not always. My 25$ plan is active, it includes unlimited province wide talk and unlimited texts, NO data. My phone is iphone 5S and it is completely unlocked. I sent couple of private messages to the moderators team with all information (PM account number, SIM card number, PIN, e-mail address, my full name, details of the problem etc.), but did not get any response from them yet. It's really embarassing for me. Any information or any other way to sort out my account from you people will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9

nlakhani

Mine is a same case.. its been 4 days I ported number from Lucky mobile and 3 days since I messeged to moderator, however moderatro too busy to respond back - OR POSSIBLE BIG issue with TELUS/PUBLIC MOBILE as there are many people complaining same issue.

mohi92

Yea, you are right..Let's see when they have mercy on me.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mohi92 thanks for trying, and reporting back.

I think you are at the mercy of the mod wait time unfortunately.

Follow instructions listed above for contacting mods

mohi92

@mpcdesign:

I followed the steps of airplane mode ON/OFF as you said, but unfortunately it did not work out for me.

Thanks for your suggestions.

mohi92

@mimmo:

* I tried in both ways: I topped my account by adding 3$. I did not work out. I tried with lost/found technique, it didn't work out too.

* I checked with my old chatr sim. It does not work at all, neither for incoming, not for outgoing.

* Incoming texts are sometimes coming, sometimes not..

* Airplane mode ON/OFF also does not work for me.

Thank you so much for your kind advice.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

If it's a porting issue, give this a shot. If that didn't work, it sounds like a stuck port of your number. it may be stuck! Sometimes, all it takes is to either:
  1. turn airplane mode on/off
  2. reboot your phone
  3. pull the sim card out and re-insert
  4. reset network settings (not factory reset)

Typically a successful port request is completed in 5 min to 2 hours, so at 20 hours I think you will need the assistance of a moderator to get your account sorted out. This happens every once in a while, usually when the info you provide isn't an exact match to what your old provider has on their records. Not a big problem, the mods will get you sorted out, just be patient after you send them a private message and await their reply.

When a moderator from the moderator team posts a message, they want you to send them a private message. You don't need to report the situation/story in the forum. Wondering why they want you to contact them directly? The moderator team will need to ask you some private information that you really don't want the forum and the world know such as your PIN number, account information, phone number and maybe an email address. Unfortunately, the moderators are done for the day, and won't return until later this morning. 

Be advised, at this time, the moderator team is closed for the night. 

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order, they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on the message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mohi92 does your old chatr sim work still?

Outgoing working but incoming not seems to suggest a porting issue but incoming text contradicts that.

Not sure if this trick will work but it's could be worth a try: ie it can't hurt.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

mohi92

Thank you William for your advice.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@mohi92, the community forum can assist customers with all issues not account related.  Your issue is account related and only the modertor team can resolve it.  Unfortunately, their response times are rather long these days.  It could be 3 or more days for a response.  Please don't send multiple private messages for the same issue.  It will only slow things down further. 

Need Help? Let's chat.