cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone

annabean
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a number with public mobile I had too activate new sim but I'm having trouble getting my old number back with them. 

12 REPLIES 12

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@srlawren is correct.  No carrier allows porting number between two lines.  

@annabean 

Your decision now is whether you want to keep your old phone number or not.

If you want to keep your old number, you need to buy another SIM card and send a private message to moderator to setup a self serve account on your old account so that to can login to self serve portal to change the SIM card of your old account.  Ask the moderator to cancel your new account to give you credit to your old account for what you paid for first month plan fee of your new account.  Please note that you may ask for the credit.  But you may not get it.  YMMV.

If you don't want your old number, just use your new account with your new number and ask moderator to disable your old account autopay and transfer and available fund from your old account to your new account.

srlawren

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@popping Can a moderator cancel one account and immediately port that number to another account? I

@ChuckYeah they cannot.  You cannot port a number between accounts.  Period.

@annabean it sounds like you activated a new account already? That was the wrong move.  You needed to go into your self-serve account for your existing account and do a change SIM card number  However, as you didn't have a self-serve account, I realize you weren't able to.  And you couldn't create the self-serve account because it texts you a text message for verification, and you apparently don't have your original SIM card.  

I would recommend you reach out to the moderator team as noted for assistance.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Is it too late to just change the sim on the old account? Or have you sucessfully created your NEW number?

You can change the email address, Name, Address, nearly everything.

annabean

Yes I am. 

Actually, type is not the best form of communication. It's difficult to "check understanding."

Your getting there now. Just be clear with your description of your issues and you'll get the answers you need here.

You say your old account is not cancelled, are you still paying for that old account? 

@popping Can a moderator cancel one account and immediately port that number to another account? I guess it would take some work to ensure everyone's privacy was covered and the proper authority was in place for both accounts. 

Perhaps this could have been handled differently, but Moderator help is required now, I'd say.

annabean

Sorry think I'm just being dumb. 

annabean

Yes bought new sim having trouble porting old number I had with public cause I haven't made account with them with old sim 

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Maybe we can get a clearer picture of what's happening here... 

@annabean What have you actually done?

Bought new sim?

Changed SIM?

chgsim.PNG

Or have you:

Bought new sim?

Signed up new acct with New number?

And are now looking to port your old number back?

This method, I think would be problematic!

annabean

It's not  cancelled 

popping

@annabean 

You cannot get your old PM number back if your old account was cancelled 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@annabean didn't you ask this same question yesterday? contact a moderator https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.