cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone won't receive calls

Christian_cg
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently created an account with Public mobile and activated my number yet I realise now that I am not able to receive calls. I do receive texts. I can perform calls. This is highly frustrating and I need help ASAP. Why can I not receive calls? Is my number already in use by another person?

Thank you! 

Christian

10 REPLIES 10

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

To create your own thread, click on Browse at the top, chose the most appropriate category and click Ask a question.

You should probably create your own thread as your question may get lost here.

Was your calling working at some point? Are you on a limited plan $10 or $15? You may be out of minutes in this case.

Login to self serve and see if you have a minutes line on your overview page. If not, you have used your minutes or at least PMs system thinks you have. If this is the case, purchase the $5 for 500 minutes add on. It doesn't expire until you use them so if this happens again they will still be there for you.

sollows55
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I call out to a local number I get a voice message saying “sorry we can’t complete your call. You don’t have active long distance add on. You can get an add on by calling *611.”

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Good point @srlawren!

I'll try to remember that Cat Wink 

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@srlawren

Agreed.  I'm surprised the moderators haven't been including that link as standard operating procedure already.  An alternative would be to include it in their signatures.  That way, they wouldn't even have to copy and paste it.

srlawren

@Mary_M and all @CS_Agent:

Can I please strongly recommend that you include a link to private message the moderator_team account within your reply?  For example:

Can you please send us your SIM card number via private message?

or

Can you please send us your SIM card number via private message?  [Click here to private message us for support.]

This will make it so much easier, espcially for newer customers.

Thanks,
Scott

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @Christian_cg,

Welcome to Public Mobile!

We're sorry to hear that you haven't been able to receive any phone calls after porting your number in. This definitely sounds like a failed, or stuck port but it'd be our pleasure to look into it and rectify. Can you please send us your SIM card number via private message?

Thank you,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Christian_cg, sorry to hear about your issues.  Your port ssounds like it is hung up and not completed.

You will need to message a MOD for assistance, click on this link Moderator Team
to send a private message .
In your message please include:
* PM account email address
* SIM card number(if available)
* PM phone number
* Detailed explanation
Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This is normal if your port is not complete. You'll get a text message saying port complete when it's done. If this is not fixed by tomorrow morning message a mod for help.

mimmo

Hi What phone are you using?   when you say you receieve sms are you possibly talking about  imessage instead sms.   My understanding is if you can get sms then you should be able to get calls.

also did you get a port confirmed sms?

Need Help? Let's chat.