cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone won't let me call out

Pennertribe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am REALLY frustrated here!!! Finally successfully logged into the community so maybe someone can help!! I purchased UNLIMITED calling and UNLIMITED texting within Canada. I have only been a member for a few days here and I'm being told that I can't make calls because I have used up all of my minutes!! I haven't been able to call out on my phone for the last few days!! Can someone please help!!!

8 REPLIES 8

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Pennertribe 

Also, have you tried to put your phone on 3G network, reboot and try again?

In the odd chance there is a SIM provisioning issue, you'll need Customer Service help:

Private Messages - Community (publicmobile.ca)

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Pennertribe 

Log into your Self Serve account and review the minutes you used up. Look under My Plan>View Usage. If it doesn’t look right, you can contact a PM CS Agent by clicking on SIMon chat button and type in Create a Ticket…so the agent can look into it.

Also as noted by others, add 1 in front of the area code.

Meanwhile, you can text your friends and family to call you…incoming calls are free.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Pennertribe wrote:

I am REALLY frustrated here!!! Finally successfully logged into the community so maybe someone can help!! I purchased UNLIMITED calling and UNLIMITED texting within Canada. I have only been a member for a few days here and I'm being told that I can't make calls because I have used up all of my minutes!! I haven't been able to call out on my phone for the last few days!! Can someone please help!!!

Do you have a spare phone to try the SIM card in?

If not, try to reseat the card (remove, wait 30' and reinstall)

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

At the risk of stating the obvious, can you check https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/ just to make sure you're seeing the plan you expect?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Pennertribe   Try dial it manually and put a 1 in front of the 10 digits phone number like 15191234567

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pennertribe : Have you tried adding a 1 in front of the number? Is it just one place you're trying to call? Is it a Canadian number? Do you know if the area code and prefix are new? Or do you have the add-on for wherever else you're trying to call?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try dialing 1 infront of the area code.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pennertribe 

can you try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone 

This is quick and simple,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone,

update @Pennertribe 

To get the obvious out of the way...you used ( +1 or 1 ) in front of the any area code,

for Example long distance, Add (+1 or 1 ) in front of the any area code,
1416xxxxxxx,
or
+1416xxxxxxx,
both is will going through your call...

Good luck and enjoy the service

Need Help? Let's chat.