cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone suddenly has no sevice. it worked for 2 years.

w20565
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

from existing same issue. it seems my SIM card internal account in your server side is deleted.

Please recover it now and give me 2 mothes free.  I missed many calls due to your fautl

14 REPLIES 14

@w20565 wrote:

can you tell me what is the next step ?

As posted by others. Log into self service and put your phone in lost/stolen mode and change the passwords. Go secure your financials and change passwords if necessary.

Then contact moderators and tell the you were sim jacked. Use this link to private message them.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

w20565

can you tell me what is the next step ?

w20565

it sounds moderators  didn't  understand what happened

w20565

sim card number changed.

I guess you tried re-sit the SIM (turn off.. take SIM out.. wait a min before putting them back).. but it works for me last time.

Anyway is to go to a store (Walmart) , pay $5 and get a new SIM.. it does happen sometime SIM just broke for no reason

Anonymous
Not applicable

@w20565 wrote:

it is bad. the last 4 are different. 

Then you have work to do.

Then come back here and get the moderators to reinstate your original SIM and then you can use the same lost/stolen function to Resume service. Or buy a new SIM.

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@w20565 wrote:

@w20565 hi follow the above advice you have been sim swapped!!!

w20565

@w20565 wrote:

and , other SIM card can work on my device when I test it. So it is not my phone device issue. it is either the sim card , or the network, or your background service software issue.

Hi @w20565 please log in your self serve account, click the Plans & Add-ons, then click Sim Card Change.  Does the last 4-digit of your sim card you see here the same as the last 4-digit of your actual sim card?  If yes, that's good.

If not, as already suggested above, you have probably been SIM jacked. Change your password and name on the account.  Immediately place your phone on lost/ stolen. Change email, bank, credit card passwords that may be at risk. Contact the relevant places.

Two ways to contact the moderators:

• Faster way – Click the chat bubble at the bottom right of the page or click this link https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html , type “talk to human" >> "account-specific question" >> "no, I need a human now" >> Click here to submit a ticket!
  • Slower way – Send a private message to the Moderators_Team here.  You have to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work. 

It may take up to 48 hrs (hopefully less) to receive a reply from the moderators.  Keep checking the envelope icon on top right for a number to pop up. That would be the moderator’s reply. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Or you've been SIM-jacked. Can you still log in? If so then go into the Change SIM screen and take note of the 4 digits of the registered SIM card. Then compare that to the actual one in your phone. Are they the same?

If not then use the Lost/stolen function to Suspend your account and then change the password and then run around to all your financial logins and make sure you haven't lost anything.

Edit: or simply as above 🙂

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@w20565...

log into your account to see if it's expired. When was your most recent renewal date ? Did you have a credit card set to Autopay and it failed ?

Top of this page, click Get Help / Chat with Simon to start process of moderator assistance.

w20565

please help to address it ASAP. it blocks my life.

w20565

and , other SIM card can work on my device when I test it. So it is not my phone device issue. it is either the sim card , or the network, or your background service software issue.

w20565

I am in ON.

Need Help? Let's chat.