cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone number posting did not work

Franny
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Last week I switched from Koodo mobile to Public mobile. Koodo said my account with them will be deactivated once I switch my number over, which is what I did, and I just verified, and my account with Koodo is dead. But, my phone does not work. I tried again on Public mobile to transfer my phone number, and even to choose a new number, but neither one of these works.

What am I doing wrong?

23 REPLIES 23

redux

Did you just activate it, or has it already been 30 min - a few hours? Have you reset the phone? Power cycled it by turning your phone off, taking the SIM card out, putting it back in a minute later and turning the phone back on?

If you haven't waited a few hours, you might want to try being patient as the porting might still be in progress. If time passes and it still gives you an error like that, you may want to contact a Moderator.

Franny

I activated my new SIM card, and this was accepted. But still nothing. When I try to phone, I get the message that the phone is not registered on the network.

@Franny wrote:

Me again.

I just bought a new SIM card but how dio I go about activating it? 

Go into https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

Go to Plans and Add-ons and then select Change SIM Card.

Franny

Me again.

I just bought a new SIM card but how dio I go about activating it? 

Franny

I swapped SIM cards, and now my phone does work. Yeah! and my husband's does not.

So, I guess that is the solution, buy a new SIM card, because the one I have is not working.

@FrannyWhen you put your husband's SIM card into your phone, are you trying to activate it too? If so, you don't need to do that, just swap the SIM cards and restart the phones.

Franny

I tried using my husband's SIM card in my phone,he is also with Public mobile, but the message I got was : " this SIM card is already in use by another phone"

@FrannyCan you swap your SIM card to another working phone and see if the SIM works in that phone or not?

@Franny wrote:

Thanks Roxanne.

But you still haven't fixed my connection. I was told on this forum that my posting from Koodo was successful, but my phone does not work. As a moderator, can you not retransfer or reconnect my phone number, or should I just forget about this forum, since no one seems to be doing anything about this issue since yesterday.

Please advise!

Franny

Moderators are the only people who can fix a broken number port. I know it's frustrating after two different moderators have replied to this thread.

Franny

Thanks Roxanne.

But you still haven't fixed my connection. I was told on this forum that my posting from Koodo was successful, but my phone does not work. As a moderator, can you not retransfer or reconnect my phone number, or should I just forget about this forum, since no one seems to be doing anything about this issue since yesterday.

Please advise!

Franny

Rox_R
Customer Support Agent

Hello Frannie, 

I am sorry for these issues, but I'm  kindly inviting you to take into consideration that there are information with specific private feature. 

Please try to avoid the public field. 

Thank you !

Roxanne

Public Mobile Moderator 

@Alan_K, perhaps a teaching option to be reinforced?

Sadly, this happens far too often.  A huge security failure by the Moderator Team.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Franny wrote:

i. Franny here.

My pin number is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Edited by computergeek541:  removed account information

@Franny

Please never post such information in these message forums.  This information should only be given in private message to Moderator_Team.

It's hardly their fault. The mod brought it out to here. It's the mod that should not have brought it here. @Lucian_G 

@Lucian_G 

These messages are being posted in an open publicly viewable area.

@Franny Even if it is a moderator requesting personal, or account specific, information DO NOT provide it here. This is a public not a private forum.

@Lucian_G Back to training school for you! Robot Mad

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Franny

Thanks!

I didn't realize I was also being contacted by email about this issue.

Franny

@Franny wrote:

i. Franny here.

@Franny

Please never post such information in these message forums.  This information should only be given in private message to Moderator_Team.

Lucian_G
Customer Support Agent

Hello  Francine!

Thanks you for the quick authentication. I was able to check your PM account and it shows that the activation was successful. The porting from Koodo shows to be completed as well. The sim card it is active and have been inserted in your Samsung A5.

Can you please tell me what Sim card you have inserted in your phone currently? 

What does the display shows when you insert the sim card?

Regards,

Lucian PM Mod

Franny

i. Franny here.

Lucian_G
Customer Support Agent

Hello @Franny!

Thanks you for your message. I would like to assist you with your current situation. In order to be able to open your account I will need the Pin Number for your Public Mobile account.

Regards,

Lucian PM Mod

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Franny wrote:

Last week I switched from Koodo mobile to Public mobile. Koodo said my account with them will be deactivated once I switch my number over, which is what I did, and I just verified, and my account with Koodo is dead. But, my phone does not work. I tried again on Public mobile to transfer my phone number, and even to choose a new number, but neither one of these works.

What am I doing wrong?

@Franny  Do not try to pick a new number as that will only make things worse. If your Koodo account was de-activated then it means that Koodo released the number to Public.

Try powering down your phone and remove your sim for 15  minutes. Re-insert the sim restart your phone and test again. If it still doesn't work insert your Koodo sim card to make sure that doesn't work.

Contact the moderator to investigate.

psf.JPG

Franny

nks, I will contact the Moderators.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Franny, something must have glitched in the number transfer.  Unfortunately customers cannot resubmit number transfers.  That has to be done via support from the moderator team.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team.  Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions.  Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.

Need Help? Let's chat.