cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone number isnt mine

jamesschmidt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@CS_Agent i am in desperate need of assistance. i pmed but havnt heard back. i signed up yesterday for the first time but my phone number seems to be linked to someone else. i can make calls, send i messages but my texts do not go through. also when someone tries to call my new number it doesnt ring on my phone and an elderly couple picks up on the other end. please someone contact me immediatly to help me fix this 

17 REPLIES 17

@Cellsinator90, PLEASE edit your original post.  You’ve already been asked once.

This is a wide open publicly accessible site, and your personal info is in danger.

@stonechucker wrote:

@computergeek541, thanks for assisting in this thread, but can you edit your post to remove the quoted personal info included?

I'm sure this was an accidental oversight!

Thanks

I didn't even notice.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

HI @Cellsinator90,

We've replied to your message. Please check your inbox 🙂

Thank you,

Syed

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@jamesschmidtif it was a new number chances are the glitch offered you up an existing Public Mobile subscribers number

Since they had it longer than you did, you would need to change numbers

This happens rarely but there are a few threads where it happened in the past

@computergeek541, thanks for assisting in this thread, but can you edit your post to remove the quoted personal info included?

I'm sure this was an accidental oversight!

@Cellsinator90 wrote:

I HAVE AN ISSUE

just activated my public mobile sim card

my number has not been ported over

i registered my account () old chatr number

and im unable to log in

plrase help

my chatr number is still active

im able to make calls using public mobile but no incoming using my old chatr number

If it's been more than a few hours, your porting request has failed.  Honestly, I believe that main reason that porting requests from Chatr fail is because of the fact that people do not use the account number for porting verification. IMEI and account PIN can be very problematic because IMEIs in the system may not be completely up-to-date and PINs can be forgotten or remembered incorrectly.  In, many seem to get confused between voicemail passwords and account PINs.

If it's been more than a few hours, you will need to get a Public Mobile moderator to help you.  But first, do yourself a favor and phone Chatr customer service and ask for your Chatr account number.  That is the only way to get it as they do not provide it from within the Chatr online account.

@Cellsinator90

You should remove your phone number from your post, since it is a pubic forum.  

It looks like that your port has not yet completed.  It can take 2-3 hours to complete.  Continue to use your Chatr SIM/service.  

If it does not port over completely, you will need to contact moderator.

send a private message through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your phone number, your account number and PIN code.  Also, include your Chatr account number, phone number and account holder name. 

Cellsinator90

I HAVE AN ISSUE

just activated my public mobile sim card

my number has not been ported over

i registered my account old chatr number

and im unable to log in

plrase help

my chatr number is still active

im able to make calls using public mobile but no incoming using my old chatr number

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @jamesschmidt,

We've received your private message and will get back to you shortly!

Thank you,

Syed

I agree it’s worth a try, as it’s not a number transferred from a previous provider.

@mimmo wrote:

Since it's a new number, could simply doing a number change to another new number inin selfser possibly fix the issue?

It's worth a try since waiting for the moderator team to intervene takes so long. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Since it's a new number, could simply doing a number change to another new number inin selfser possibly fix the issue?

jamesschmidt

i got a new number from public mobile yesterday when i signed up. activated my sim and choose a plan. everything went smooth and painless . but now im noticing all these issues with my number 

sulagok
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @jamesschmidt,

Did you close your previous account before joining PM?

Anyways, the best is to wait for the moderator's response. I'm sure the issue will be resolved.

Sometimes unfortunately, the initial experience durring setup can be frustrating but I can assure you once you pass that hurdle and keep your account as should, there's usually no more hiccups.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@jamesschmidt, did you do a number port as part of the sign up?  If so, please check the old service to see if it is still working.  That will help with diagnosing whether there is a stuck port.  If you only took a new number and did not do any porting, it looks like a possible account set up issue which only the moderator team can resolve.  What is weird is that outgoing calls work but not outgoing text.  Anyway, moderator team turnaround time for private messages is around 48 hours, so you need to be patient. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@jamesschmidt

Did you get a new number from public mobile yesterday?  Or did you port a number over from another company?  

It has been taking about 48-72 hours for moderators to responds to request recently.....

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @jamesschmidt!

I wish it was under better circumstances that I welcome you to PM.

Sounds like an issue that you must wait for the moderators to resolve. 

Your message should be in a queue and they will get back to you as soon as possible.  How long has it been since you sent the PM?  The moderator team doesn't work through the night but are on duty now since 9am Eastern time.  

Need Help? Let's chat.