cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone is activated buy can't connect

sjbird
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I activated my phone yesterday but it is not connected to the internet. Any suggestions?

10 REPLIES 10

sjbird

Thanks, I guess that's what I'll have to do.

sjbird

Done. Still no signal.

@sjbirdWhen you say no Signal.. does Public Mobile display at your phone in the top left hand corner? (usually for Android and iOS phones). If Public Mobile is no where to be found and there is no bar.. it sounds like a provisioning error and only moderators can fix that.. expect up to 48 hours wait.. so go out and enjoy the weekend.

sjbird

Done. Still no signal.

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@sjbird Login to your self-serve accountand look on the Overview page to see if you have data available to use. If yes, go back to APN settings and match it with the one found here: https://yourmobile.ca/apn-settings/

sjbird

Sorry to say, I've powered down and then back up several times. No improvement. And there is no lock from my previous provider. I put in a query to Public Mobile itself Friday evening. No reply so far.

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@sjbird You may try powering off your phone, then turning it back on.  And, if that option does not work, you may need to have your phone unlocked by the last service provider/carrier. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sjbird wrote:

I activated my phone yesterday but it is not connected to the internet. Any suggestions?

What make/model/submodel is the phone?

What OS and version is it running?

Usually network settings automagically get populated but:

Find your phone on this list:
Officially Recognized APN Reference

If your phone isn't there maybe these might work:
APN Settings:
Name: Mobile Internet
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri,dun
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

First make sure the data is turned on for your phone, then try turning your phone off then on again, and if that still don't work then search APN in the above serch box to confirm all your APN settings are correct - then if all that don't work, you'll have to contact the Moderator Team via private message to fix this.

GR
Mayor / Maire

So does calls and text work?  Just not internet?   What kind of phone is it?  The apn may need to be configured for the internet 

Need Help? Let's chat.