cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My number

Olabisiluro
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Please how long does it take to have my former phone number back? The sales associate that helped me out at Walmart said it will take 2hours for the temporary number of public mobile to change to my former no. It's more than 3hrs now and it's not fixed

24 REPLIES 24

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Olabisiluro wrote:

Please how long does it take to have my former phone number back? The sales associate that helped me out at Walmart said it will take 2hours for the temporary number of public mobile to change to my former no. It's more than 3hrs now and it's not fixed

How did the sales associate port your number?

You should have had service by now. Couple questions, have you unlocked your phone? Which provider did you leave? Did you watch them put in all your information? 

cheers hope to hear back. 

chenyonghuazi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Outgoing text, call and internet should work right after your activation done or may a bit later. Incoming call and text should work within 2-3 hours.

@Olabisiluro  Your rogers number is still active as long as you didn't cancel your account. As before switch back to your rogers sim card and continue to use it until the moderators port your rogers number into pm and onto your pm sim card.

@Olabisiluro wrote:

I was using rogers. Please how can i get Connected to moderator 

@Olabisiluro Do not cancel your Rogers account; that will happen automatically after the transfer.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Olabisiluro wrote:

I want my former number to be active not the new one he gave me

@Olabisiluro please click on ? bottom right corner and type port request then follow the prompts there is no need to jump to another post

@Olabisiluro wrote:

Please i need my old number. I'm not getting help 

Hi please submit the ticket so the moderators can assist you.

The sooner you get it in they can help you,

To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help.”

Moderators are available:

Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.

Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time

Olabisiluro

Please i need my old number. I'm not getting help 

@Olabisiluro wrote:

Yes, follow the link above and you can tell them your old number.

@Olabisiluro the easiest way would be to use this private message link to contact the moderators  directly https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Type "Port Request " in the subject message field 

Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Use this link to see what is required to port your number https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Number-transfer-in-Self-Serve-impacted-...

Stay safe and welcome to PM. 

Olabisiluro

@Olabisiluro wrote:

Step 2

1. As a new customer, we recommend porting a number at activation with the exception of Koodo Prepaid customers. 
    • We have made some system enhancements to improve the success rate of this activity. So long as the correct information is entered, this process should be seamless
  2. All other customers: To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

Olabisiluro

hi @Olabisiluro 

You can still use your old sim, when it stops working that means the transfer is complete.

Unless your old number is with Telus it Koodo you will have to have the old account active and in good standing.

Since you have the temporary number your transfer was not initiated, to do that you will need to contact moderators

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Welcome to Public Mobile and the community

@OlabisiluroYour "old" number is still active simply put your old sim card back in your phone and use it while you wait for the moderators to contact you. You can then follow their instructions of when to put your pm sim card back into your phone.

@Olabisiluro  was your previous provider Koodo prepaid? If yes, that would explain why he selected a temporary number. Do you remember if they submitted a ticket on your behalf?

@Olabisiluro please click on ? bottom right corner and type port request then follow the prompts

katz101
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Usually, it takes about 2-3 hours to have your current number moved to your new service provider. It should be done at the time you are activating your sim. Make sure you have right previous account number and pin of previous service provider. Providing wrong information can delay number transfer. If that's not the case it's possible there is less staff to work these days due to shutdown at these companies and some people might be working from home these tasks could take a little longer than usual. My suggestions:

1. check if the information you provided is correct.

2. Contact your previous service provider to ensure they have received this request from Public Mobile

3. If all above is done, nothing to worry it should be done sooner than later. 

Cheers

@Olabisiluro wrote:

I can but if i log into my account it's the new number that i saw there. Meanwhile, the sales associate said he changed from my former number to the new one and it will only be unavailable for few hours. 

The person never submitted a number porting request for you. If the salesperson did, there wouldn't even be an new phone number there to begin with.   You'll need to provide the instructions that @JoyLuck provided to submit a porting request.

Olabisiluro

Thanks, please can you help me do that as soon as possible.  I need my former phone number back like yesterday 

@Olabisiluro I don't think that your number was ported for you. As long as your old account is active, To port your number, you have to contact the moderators (PM service reps here).

Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type " Port Request " and follow the prompts to get to one.
Once connected, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Use this link to see what is required to port your number

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Number-transfer-in-Self-Serve-impacted-...

Stay safe. Welcome to PM.

@Olabisiluro wrote:

I can but if i log into my account it's the new number that i saw there. Meanwhile, the sales associate said he changed from my former number to the new one and it will only be unavailable for few hours. 

If you need your old number ported go to step 2

1. As a new customer, we recommend porting a number at activation with the exception of Koodo Prepaid customers. 
    • We have made some system enhancements to improve the success rate of this activity. So long as the correct information is entered, this process should be seamless
  2. All other customers: To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

Olabisiluro

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Olabisiluro can you make/ send and receive calls and texts yet? If you log into your self service account,  what number is there. Thanks. 

@Olabisiluro wrote:

The Walmart wireless associate gave you partially incorrect information. Since you ported at the time of activation, there is no temporary phone number. Your phone number has already been assigned to your Public Mobile acccount. Outgoing calls, outgoing text messages, and incoming text messages from Koodo, Public, and Telus customers should already been working.  it's only the incoming calls and text messsages originating from other customers that takes some time.  The official line by the the CWTA is to say 2.5 hours. 

I would go into your self serve account and look around. If the phone number assigned to your account isn't the one that you requested to be ported in, the associate never put in a request to port your phone number in.

Need Help? Let's chat.