cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My new number doesn't work

kathyliu806
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just changed my phone number and it showed that my number has changed. But it doesn't work. When I call it, the system said that this number is not in service.

19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kathyliu806 wrote:

I can not fill out the ticket because there are some questions I don't know how to answer. For example, what is your account number? I don't have an account number, I only have my email address for getting in my account. And also, what is your pin? I never use a pin when I get into my account. And also, I couldn't find a proper category for my problem. All the categories don't fit "my number is not working" . And also, one the ticket form, I couldn't sign in my Public Mobil account. Anyway, I need a person to contact me. Who can give me a real person's contact method to help me?

Your account number would be in your welcome email when you signed up. The PIN that you created when you signed up would have been texted to you from 611. The sign-in for that ticket form is this community forum login/password.

There is no voice support here. Just typing. I've heard of people getting calls from mods but your end is typing until then.

kathyliu806

I can sign in my account using my email and password. Why I can not verify my identity on the ticket form? And plus, on the ticket form, there is a line for account number, I don't know what is it.  And also, the last add on. I only know my last payment was Nov.3, I did not buy any add-on. If I leave these lines empty, I can not click the submit button.

@kathyliu806 say that you want to talk to a human and it should generate a tick

kathyliu806

I can not fill out the ticket because there are some questions I don't know how to answer. For example, what is your account number? I don't have an account number, I only have my email address for getting in my account. And also, what is your pin? I never use a pin when I get into my account. And also, I couldn't find a proper category for my problem. All the categories don't fit "my number is not working" . And also, one the ticket form, I couldn't sign in my Public Mobil account. Anyway, I need a person to contact me. Who can give me a real person's contact method to help me?

kathyliu806

Thank you for sending the ticket for me.

@kathyliu806 wrote:

I changed it 30 days ago. If it not 30 days, it should not show "your number is changed". I should not be able to do that.

You are right you shouldn't be able to do that.  There are many things that happen with PM that shouldn't.  I thought I would just ask to make sure it was longer than 30 days ago that you changed.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@kathyliu806  Public is currently having issues with some of the new numbers so best to submit a ticket and have them investigate. To submit a ticket do the following:

stpm-new.png

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Submit a ticket to a moderator by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Restart the phone and contact a moderator if issue persists.... ? bottom right.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kathyliu806 wrote:

Up to now, I have restarted my phone, my account is active, my new number shows on the add-on plan page and I have added $1 to my account. It's still not in service.

It is time to create a moderator support ticket using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.
Keep asking SIMon to "contact human" for one or more times. SIMon will eventually show you the "Submit a ticket" button. Click on submit button to get the create ticket screen.

kathyliu806

I changed it 30 days ago. If it not 30 days, it should not show "your number is changed". I should not be able to do that.

kathyliu806

Up to now, I have restarted my phone, my account is active, my new number shows on the add-on plan page and I have added $1 to my account. It's still not in service.

@kathyliu806 wrote:

I picked a new number form the public. I did it before and it worked very well. But this time I got this problem.

When did you change your number before?  There is only one number change per 30 days.  Was your last number change over 30 days ago?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

kathyliu806

I have just added $1 to my account and it is still not working.

kathyliu806

I picked a new number form the public. I did it before and it worked very well. But this time I got this problem.

kathyliu806

Thank you.

I just restarted my phone. My new number shows on my add-on page. The number still not working. I will add 1 dollar to see what going to happen.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@kathyliu806 wrote:

I just changed my phone number and it showed that my number has changed. But it doesn't work. When I call it, the system said that this number is not in service.

When you say changed your number did you port in from another provider or did you pick a new number from Public Mobile?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kathyliu806 

Restart your phone with your PM SIM card installed.

Is your account status still active on your overview page after login?

Is your new number showing on the "Plan and Add-ons" page?

Adding $1 to your account may tigger PM server to re-provision your plan again.

Need Help? Let's chat.