cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My activation was botched. Now the sim 19-digits number is not being accepted when I tried to restar

Agency74
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

8 REPLIES 8

@Agency74hi, you can contact customer support to look into your problem.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a message

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 8AM to Midnight EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 8AM to 10PM PM EST

@Agency74 wrote:

I tried again to activate the sim after 12 hours and get the prompt “invalid sim”

Did you try the suggestions from earlier and check if you were charged and if the sim card works?

If the service isn't activated/you weren't charged, you'll need a new sim card.

Agency74
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried again to activate the sim after 12 hours and get the prompt “invalid sim”

Seren
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

There is a possibility the system believes the SIM is used, and will not accept it.  This is what used to be called the SIM being "burned" back in my Rogers Wireless days.  If trying in incognito mode doesn't work, clearing your cache/browser history, trying another browser or device, or even restarting your router/modem and trying again on a new IP address does  not work, it may be in SIM limbo where it doesn't work on your end, but the system believes it is activated.

Of course, I would try all of the above before buying a new SIM card.  😉

tabi159w
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Wait an hour or so and then clear your cache and cookies before trying again. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Agency74, if you need to do it again then make sure your browser is in incognito/private mode.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Agency74  You need to wait about an hour for the current session lock to get released and then you will be able to try the activation again.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Was your cc charged. If yes then put sim in phone and see if it works. If no try activating again in 1 hour. The sim might be locked after too many attempts.

Need Help? Let's chat.