cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My activation and transfering my number from Virigion didn't work

asousain
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I activated my sim card online, I chose the option (transfer an exsiting number) I filled everthing as required. When I submitted the page, the page just spinned for long time and then I got error message.  The bad thing I was charged but my sim is not working yet, the old sim still active and under it show vrigion mobile . How can I fix this please ?

9 REPLIES 9

asousain

My virgin sim still active and it has been more than 12 hours sine activation.

no sms received yet... restarting my phone twi times and no result

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@asousain there is a new port protection put in place, from all telecoms. you had to leave your virgin sim in the phone and reply "yes" to the text message to initiate the port

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@asousain wrote:

Thanks all. I've just submitted a ticket.

Yes, I can see "Public Mobile" on the coverage icon top of my mobile screen. When I try to make a call, it says "Your plan doesn't include calling"  which is not correct, I did choose a plan that has calling .

On the activcation page there were two things:

1. password for my account

2. PIN , I think for the voice messages

I couldn't login though with either. 

Restart your phone to let the PM SIM card to configure your phone specific to PM.

Also add 1 in front of the number you are dialing.

asousain

Thanks all. I've just submitted a ticket.

Yes, I can see "Public Mobile" on the coverage icon top of my mobile screen. When I try to make a call, it says "Your plan doesn't include calling"  which is not correct, I did choose a plan that has calling .

On the activcation page there were two things:

1. password for my account

2. PIN , I think for the voice messages

I couldn't login though with either. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@asousain wrote:

Thanks.

But I can't even login to my account ( I set it up during the activation). So I don't know it things are working as expected in the background. BTW, it has been more than 2 hours now since my activation.

Is your phone showing "Public Mobile" at the notification bar of your phone?

If no, create a support ticket as suggested above.  Since you cannot login to your account, you can use the PIN# you provided during activation.  If the PIN# does not able to verify that you are the owner of your account.  You can send a private message to moderator for help. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  Use "Port Request" as the subject.

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@asousain  Be sure to contact our moderators ASAP as suggested. 
Consider installing the TextNow app as a general backup for free calling & texting on wifi. 

asousain

Thanks.

But I can't even login to my account ( I set it up during the activation). So I don't know it things are working as expected in the background. BTW, it has been more than 2 hours now since my activation.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@asousain So long as your Virgin sim is still working, your port request is in progress. Keep using your Virgin sim until it stops working. You should receive a SMS from Virgin asking you to authorize the port out request. It cannot complete unless you respond to that SMS. If after a few hours nothing has changed contact a moderator with subject port request. Leave Virgin sim in until it stops working. 

You can contact the mods one of 2 ways. Click the chat bubble bottom right of the browser as shown in the picture and open a ticket through the automated ticketing system;

Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 12.40.34 PM.png

or you can contact them through direct messaging at the following link (note this way may take longer for a response);

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

In either case you should receive a reply within 48 hours though typically they are much faster. Watch the envelope icon top right for a reply.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@asousain , unfortunately you have an incomplete activation.  You will need moderator team (customer service) support to complete the activation.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the chat symbol on the lower right corner of the webpage or try using this link. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team. Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions. If use of smartform brings no joy, then use the following direct link to private message the moderator team. Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.  Good luck and welcome to Public Mobile.  

Need Help? Let's chat.