cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My account is updated and everything works, but data traffic is not available

Lijun
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

21 REPLIES 21

@Lijun  Ok it's easy. Log in to your account. Go to plans and add ons page. Scroll down to blue add on section. The first column tick the first add on "free holiday 400 international minutes add on $0" then go to the third column and tick the first data add on "free holiday 1gb data add on $0" then scroll down and submit payment $0. Confirm purchase. If you go to your overview page they should appear under "my plan and add ons". You may still have an issue using tha data...you will have to see. Whatever you use ask the moderator to restore to the add on (because it roll over) and apply to your plan data once they fix it for you.

@Lijun wrote:

I have 4GB per month

Hi @Lijun 

That's a lot of data, you wouldn't be able tip use it up on one day unless you watched a movie on your phone

Can you please contact moderators about it 

You can click on the question mark at the bottom right corner and type refund, the you will have a choice to create a ticket

Ps. Did you mean 4.5 gigs? Or are you on an older plan?

Lijun

I don't have free 1Gb

@Lijun  It sounds like when your plan renewed the data portion did not provision correctly and load onto your account. For this you would need to contact a moderator by clicking on the (?)at the bottom right of your screen and submit a ticket via Simon explaining your issue to the moderators. Type in human or rep, account specific issue, human (If Simon asks) then pick the best  answers as possible until you can submit your ticket. Moderators work til at least midnight et. So you may get a response tonight. Keep your I on your private message box for a msg from the moderator. In the meantime have you loaded your free 1gb data add on and free holiday international minutes add on  to your account? By loading those you could possibly have data while you wait for the moderator.

Lijun

I have 4GB per month

@Lijun  Which one? How much data does it normally come with?

Hi

How much data were you supposed to have available?

Thanks

Lijun

I renewed an existing plan / account.  Not a new plan

@Lijun  What plan are you on? All current plans have some data with them. Did you just activate a new SIM and plan yesterday or renew an existing plan/ account? It is possible that your plan didn't provision correctly so its not showing. Or if you do not have autopay and you are on the $15 plan you don't get data or with only 250 mb it's been used up. A little more info will be helpful.

Lijun

The data I just paid hasn't used data. I do n’t see any data traffic on my account

@Lijun wrote:

No data is shown on my overview page,

@Lijun 

That means that you used it up

Can you check your phone data usage on your data settings?

If it doesn't match public mobile counter (which is your allowance) you should contact moderators

It did happen before that the counter was not working properly

Which plan do you have?

Lijun

The fee I just paid yesterday. Open my account today to check everything is normal, but the data traffic does not appear.

koojoobee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

There are a few things you can try, in case you haven’t already. Log onto your public mobile account and look at your plan, make sure data is part of your plan and find out if you are prepaid or postpaid because I know with some companies your data will not work if you are postpaid. Second, you can check if you are in public mobiles coverage zone. Third, if the above two are true then you can go to settings on your phone, for example in an iPhone, go to settings>cellular then turn on cellular data. Fourth, if data is turned on as in step three, try turning it off then on again. Fifth, if this still did not work, update and restart your device and check your settings again to see if cellular data is still on. Sixth, if not then try turn off data then back on again before the next steps. Seven, try your SIM card in another phone which you know has working data. Eight, if data works in this other phone then it’s possible that your phone is the problem. Nine, before thinking you should bring in your phone for repairs, try someone elses SIM card in your phone and see if you can use the data. If this still does not work, see if you can get a replacement SIM card at no cost, if not then I’m not really sure it worth paying for a new one because if you tried all the previous steps, it might have already eliminated the SIM card being responsible for your data problems. If you do still want to try a new SIM card, and your data still does not work, you can also cancel the data portion of your plan or switch to a non data plan on your public mobile account. At least, until you find a new phone if you still require data. Good luck! Hope this works for you!:)

Lijun

No data is shown on my overview page,

Lijun

The fee I paid yesterday I opened my account today to check the data traffic

Lijun

I tried what you said but it didn't work

Lijun

No data traffic on my account

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Lijun You can click the "?" in lower right side of the page to talk with moderator and receive assistance. Type 'contact moderator" then follow directions. The moderator may help you with your case. They get back to you in 1-3 hours.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Lijun  Make sure data is turned on. If you have a LG G series phone do a network reset. If that doesn't work then do a factory reset.

If you don't have an LG phone make sure you have the correct APN settings.

Make sure data is turned on and you have the correct APN setting. This is the Public Mobile APN setting that you will need:

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Lijun  Log into your acount and make sure you still have data left and you do have a data plan.

Next, have you configured your APN settings? It is the most common cause for no data.

In your phone settings under Mobile Network --> Carrier --> select Manually search for network and click on Public Mobile

For APN, it would be under Mobile Network --> Access Point Names

Add a new APN and enter the Public Mobile details -->https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

If your data still does not work after setting APN, try swapping your sim card in another phone to isolate service vs hardware.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Which phone are you using?

Do you mean you don't have data although it does show in your overview page?

Can you please check your apn settings a make sure that data is enabled.

Did public mobile data ever work on that phone, can you try it on another phone i(a friend or family member has working on phone)

Need Help? Let's chat.