sysopsadm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

My Plan $25
500 MB
Data at 3G speed
Bonus 500 MB with AutoPay

Unlimited Talk Canada-Wide
Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging.

Some reason my data does not work since few days.

I remember it use to work before.

Please advise.

Muhammad

8 REPLIES 8

@Mountainmaxman wrote:

First thing log in to see if you have any data left, secondly what type of phone are you using? and did the data work before?

See the last sentence, of the 1st post in this thread, for the answer to that.....

Mountainmaxman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

First thing log in to see if you have any data left, secondly what type of phone are you using? 

@sysopsadm adding to what @Jb456 says below, enable downloads only on WiFi. And in a pinch turn data off and only turn it on to send/ receive mms messages .

@Jb456 wrote:

If you log into your self serve account and scroll down to My Data and Addons see if it shows any data. If nothing is displayed that means you used it all up.

You might want to take a look at your phone settings and ensure that background data is restricted on some apps, that download updates it's wifi only. For maps if you use Google maps you can download offline maps and set it to wifi only as well. 

Turn of wifi assist for iPhones and wifi+ for Android which automatically connects back to mobile data if the wifi network is week.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Likely, data has been totally consumed if it doesn't show in my plan and data add ons. Could by a data add on or us Wifi until plan renews.

If you log into your self serve account and scroll down to My Data and Addons see if it shows any data. If nothing is displayed that means you used it all up.

You might want to take a look at your phone settings and ensure that background data is restricted on some apps, that download updates it's wifi only. For maps if you use Google maps you can download offline maps and set it to wifi only as well. 

Turn of wifi assist for iPhones and wifi+ for Android which automatically connects back to mobile data if the wifi network is weak.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@sysopsadm Since it worked before, likely you used it all up. Check in your self-serve account to make sure data is available to use. If you don't see any data listed, that means you used it all up. Also compare the data usage in your phone settings.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sysopsadm 

If you have a LG phone, you need to do a network reset after changing provider before your data workinging.

If the network reset does not fix it, backup your data and do a factory reset.

Make sure to enable data and restart your phone after reset to let PM SIM card to configure your APN automatically.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@sysopsadm wrote:

Hi

My Plan $25
500 MB
Data at 3G speed
Bonus 500 MB with AutoPay

Unlimited Talk Canada-Wide
Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging.

Some reason my data does not work since few days.

I remember it use to work before.

Please advise.

Muhammad

@sysopsadm Check your self-service account. Is it active? Does it have data there? Maybe you used it up already.

Need Help? Let's chat.