cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Data usage is wrong

2Complex
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It said i used 5.350mb out of 6144GB my plan just avate i haven't touch my phone plus i'm on my WIFI what is going on?

9 REPLIES 9

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@2Complex, on my phone, I have a Mobile Manager that cleanups my cache files and any app installers. As well, I have another function where it is called Power & Boost by closing all Apps that am not using, these include the Apps that are using either wifi or data. 

You could also make sure that all background apps are turned off. On my phone, I can tell what app is allowed to use either data or Wi-fi. So, I can limit my data usage as well. But every phone will be different too.

Zy

Best way to avoid and prevent it this issue just turn off the data when connected to the wifi and vise Vera that’s what I do when my data it’s about to run out hopes this helps and set it up and used 3g instead of lte when data resets turn back on to lte

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@2Complex wrote:

It said i used 5.350mb out of 6144GB my plan just avate i haven't touch my phone plus i'm on my WIFI what is going on?

Probably just a typo, but 1024MB = 1GB, 6144MB = 6GB.  (Although if you want to be technical, these should actually be referred to as binary-based MiB and GiB units.)

So 5.350MB / 6144MB = ~0.087%

PM's Data consumption/billing is always measured from the (Telus) network side - the amount of data the network knows it sent and it received, not necessarily the same as the amount of data the device sent or received.  These numbers are often different because things like packet re-sending, error correction, and other little data overheads all add up, a few MB (er, MiB) of "wasted" data can be expected every time your device restarts and pings the network ... even when Mobile Data is turned off.  iPhones apparently assert sync to iCloud pretty much any way they can, which can use up a little "limited" Text or Data.

2Complex

WiFi assist been off frm day one anyways it's all good don't worry about it

@2Complex wrote:

My cycle reset today i just paid 20 min ago lol

Do you happen to have an iPhone work WiFi assist on?  That's a sure way to consume wireless data even when connected to WiFi.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT205296

2Complex

My cycle reset today i just paid 20 min ago lol

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

There's often data leakage when completing a WiFi connection.  Small amounts of data usage like this is "normal".  Many customers have reported this kind of behavior before.  Rest assured the Public Mobile data meter is "legal for trade scale".

2Complex

it says i used 4mb on the 18th and my account topup like 15 min ago lol

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@2Complex Check in your phone data settings and see if any app used data in the background. If you go to usage history on your self-serve account, it will tell you the time your phone used that 5MB. 

Need Help? Let's chat.