cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple #s on same account?

sush_b
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, we already have 1 PM # associated with my email.  Can I sign up for another PM # with the same email/account?  (Hubby & now wanting to add me)

9 REPLIES 9

JimP23
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Note that one advantage of having a separate PM account for you is that hubby can "refer" you as a new PM customer when you activate your account, and thus get the referral bonus.

The only benefit of using email aliases is that Community messages will go into one mailbox. All PM notifications are done through SMS, to my best knowledge.

In case of massive spam incidents it will be easier to abandon (delete) one separate account than handling alias.

@softech wrote:

one more thing.. if you really decide to use Alias.. write it down somewhere what the pattern you used...it's hard to "guess" it back after...  The email you got would not show where it was directed to abcdef@gmail.com , abc.def@gmail.com  or Abcdef+xyz@ gmail.com  (unless you know how to open the email with it's internet header)

Write down EVERTHING about each account. 

Name used

Answer to question for verification

Pin # 

Phone number 

Email address used

Password for MY Account. 

Credit Card used for auto-pay and expiry date of card*

*Put that in a calendar to make sure you update it as soon as your new card arrives. 

@softech wrote:

PM only allows 1 email with 1 account.  

However, you can use email alias.  Some email services has that, like Gmail. For example, if you have abcdef@gmail.com, you can setup PM My Account using email like abc.def@gmail.com.   PM treats that as a different account but all emails go to the same GMail mailbox.  

Outlook.com also allows aliases. 

one more thing.. if you really decide to use Alias.. write it down somewhere what the pattern you used...it's hard to "guess" it back after...  The email you got would not show where it was directed to abcdef@gmail.com , abc.def@gmail.com  or Abcdef+xyz@ gmail.com  (unless you know how to open the email with it's internet header)

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

To add to @softech  alias option Gmail allows the + as an alias.

Abcdef+xyz@ gmail.com is the same as abcdef@gmail.com

I find this easier to remember then putting a random dot I. The email address.

Yahoo and outlook I believe also allow aliases but not As easily implemented as Gmail.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@sush_b 

Sorry you can only use one number per account. You can create your husband’s email for his account.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

PM only allows 1 email with 1 account.  

However, you can use email alias.  Some email services has that, like Gmail. For example, if you have abcdef@gmail.com, you can setup PM My Account using email like abc.def@gmail.com.   PM treats that as a different account but all emails go to the same GMail mailbox.  

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@sush_b wrote:

Hi, we already have 1 PM # associated with my email.  Can I sign up for another PM # with the same email/account?  (Hubby & now wanting to add me)

hello no you need a separate email for each account/phone number you can pay with same cc if you wish 😀

Need Help? Let's chat.