cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple accounts

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Looking for a way to create aliases to manage several accounts then checkout https://www.gandi.net/en/domain/email. About $18/year for your own .ca domain name, 2 email addresses and unlimited aliases. 

theluddite.ca is available! Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
9 REPLIES 9

@stonechucker wrote:

@Luddite,  nice find. 

I personally use Google Suite for my email, and setup stonechucker.net a few years back.  A fair bit more expensive than what you've put here, but I'm happy with it, and I love the interface of Gmail over everything else out there.

I will keep this in mind.

Gandi's interface is quite limited as their primary business is domain registration/hosting. Fastmail's is much better, but have no idea how it compares to Google's.

@Luddite,  nice find. 

I personally use Google Suite for my email, and setup stonechucker.net a few years back.  A fair bit more expensive than what you've put here, but I'm happy with it, and I love the interface of Gmail over everything else out there.

I will keep this in mind.

@srlawren wrote:

Interesting, @Luddite.  I didn't realize you were such a privacy zealout--I'd have pegged that on @will13am before you!  😉  Aren't you more concerned about Bob and Sue reading through your colander than Google?

Honestly though, I don't really see the need to go to these lengths.  I think if Google wants to read my Gmail they're not going to find much of any particular interest.  In fact, Google, if you're reading this: go ahead!; I dare you to stay awake for more than 10 mins of it!  🙂 

But Luddite, whatever makes you happy my friend!  Well, you and Ralph, of course.  

@srlawren, I am not a privacy zealot by any stretch of the imagination.  I am just trying to limit impact, if there is such a thing.  Since I am married to the google ecosystem, others need no apply. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Interesting, @Luddite.  I didn't realize you were such a privacy zealout--I'd have pegged that on @will13am before you!  😉  Aren't you more concerned about Bob and Sue reading through your colander than Google?

Honestly though, I don't really see the need to go to these lengths.  I think if Google wants to read my Gmail they're not going to find much of any particular interest.  In fact, Google, if you're reading this: go ahead!; I dare you to stay awake for more than 10 mins of it!  🙂 

But Luddite, whatever makes you happy my friend!  Well, you and Ralph, of course.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

I use fastmail.com and a personal domain from gandi.net for my partner & me. Both services have been good so far (1-3 years) almost completely eliminating ads/junk. Fastmail is more sophisticated as they only do only email and have an excellent app.

I have just abandoned my yahoo address completely. I have a very old (10 years) gmail account retained for the very infrequent times I need a Google account; usually to help someone.

Because I'm an iPhone user I also have some iCloud aliases that I use for anything that's "just for fun" or where I must give an email address to access something of interest. And now and then https://harakirimail.com to disappear after 24 hours. ⚔️

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Luddite, privacy by policy is not worth much.  Policies change like the seasons.  Sadly that is what all the aforementioned companies offer.  We really need privacy by design. 

Jorno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Luddite wrote:

Yes, but then I hate having Google examine all my emails! I use 2 paid services to stay away from Google, Yahoo, and Microsoft. Never, ever, use my internet provider's freebies.

@Luddite, what paid services do you use?  Care to give a mini-review?

Yes, but then I hate having Google examine all my emails! I use 2 paid services to stay away from Google, Yahoo, and Microsoft. Never, ever, use my internet provider's freebies.

Mana
Mayor / Maire

Thanks @Luddite for sharing this. 

What do you think about linking the email accounts using gmail. it's free  

Need Help? Let's chat.