cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Lines (3 lines) NOT WORKING since as early as Nov 17!!

whoami
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am having issues with partial ports on 3 accounts. I have sent a support email on Nov 17 and 18 and 19.. I have also PM'd @Shazia_K yesterday. I have not received any response.

I am noticing that the support team seems to be HIGHLY UNORGANIZED. They are responding not on a first come first serve basis, but based on whoever is being louder in voicing their concerns. I am seeing posts made after my emails/PMs being responded to first.

1. I would really like one of the MODs to look at the 3 accounts (1 port from Fido, 1 from Rogers, 1 from Virgin). Once I get a response from a MOD I will once again PM them the respective account #'s.

2. I really would like @Dave_M to consider a different strategy. I understand there's a lot of juggling for MODs and the tech staff to do specially with all the issues being discovered with this new promo and a lot of failures with porting and other issues. I understand there's a BIG backlog, however without a proper solutions in place to help run down this backlog, this backlog will take A LOT longer to run through than it should. @Dave_M, you should consider integrating a bug tracking tool into the community web module, so that everyone has 1 channel to go to if the forums do not help them in anyway and they need a MOD for support. So people like me can simply open a ticket, and the ticket can then be assigned to a mod and they can work on the tickets based on first come first serve basis as well as their priority (i.e. port issues should have higher priority than reward glitches or refund inquiries and etc). I am also in IT and we do have tools that we use where our clients can open tickets and input their problem description etc and we track them that way. This will also help increase productivity and efficiency in terms of technical requests that only MODs can help with, as oppose to having MODs be contacted with different channels (PMs, support forum submission, creating a thread, twitter, facebook and whatever else) and then being unable to prioritize properly and really not being able to run down this backlog efficiently and in a timely manner.

13 REPLIES 13

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Is everything solved now.

Rockdaddy22
That's definitely a start 🙂

whoami

1 of 4 issues resolved.

Mary has opened a ticket for the other 3 and will be resolved within 24-72 hours.

Rockdaddy22
Did you get a resolution?

whoami

Thanks Mary!

I had sent the PMs and submitted help forms from the respective accounts, thus you do not see it under my account. 

I have sent you a PM from my account just now. Please have a look at it 🙂

Rockdaddy22
Thanks Mary for taking a look at this issue 🙂

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @whoami

Thank you for reaching out to us and for voicing your concern to us.

First of all, I would like to extend my apologies for the delay in answering. As you may know, we are experiencing a higher than normal volume of messages - consequently, it is taking longer for us to treat cases. We also do treat all of our customers from oldest to latest - however, the backlog grows as many send the same message/emails to all moderators, multiple times. 

I understand that you have sent a private message to @Shazia_K regarding your porting issues. I tried locating the messages without success, therefor would you be able to private message me the following for each account?

1) PM phone number

2) the number you are porting over

3) the account number associated to your old service provider

I'll make sure to look into this for you and get everything fixed. 

I look forward to your reply,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

whoami

There will always be bugs my friend. Technology is ever changing, they will at some point have to implement new technology or change their current technology for whatever reason, or implement new features like account merge etc etc. Tech will never be stable enough to not have any bugs. Before this promo started, I bet they thought to themselves "hey, our system seems pretty darn good right now, lets open up a promo and get us a few hundred thousand new customers".. and bham, they found bugs they thought had been resolved or never even knew about. It is a cycle. I work on a product that has been in the market for 25-30 years.. then we sell it to a new company who uses it a bit differently than all the other companies and they find a bug that we didn't know about because all this time no one else had used it that way.

Rockdaddy22
I don't think the new influx will really make a difference. Most people have no reason to contact them even. We're only seeing this because of the promo. If they just fixed all the bugs, most wouldn't even need help.

Watoko
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I agree that if online support is the primary customer service model that PM is based off of, they will need a ticketing system, one that you can track with ticket numbers and be accountable, not a regular forum primate message function.

This may have worked for their smaller customer base in the past, but no longer given the influx of new customers.

Rockdaddy22
I totally agree, they have a lot of work to do.

whoami

obviously not during this crisis.. but I imagine there'll be other promos whether for christmas or into the new year.. or people will hear of PM via word of mouth from people who joined during this promo and sign up and etc etc. But working in tech myself, I sometimes get contacted via instant messaging, or email, or someone drops by, or there's a ticket open.. and it becomes really hard to prioritize and I end up with my hands in a bunch of different things having started them all but not finished any for a while because there's just way too much I'm invovled in.  Thus now I ask everyone who contacts me to open up a ticket. because I can manage myself better by having 1 system I need to pay attention too as oppose to 5 different channels of communicatoin. and I feel like this is something that will help the MODs as well because it is annoying and frustrating for them and they often end up helping whoever seems more upset or more vocal about their concerns, etc. It should NOT be this way. I do NOT want to have to yell at mods in ALL CAPS for me to get their attention and kind of ruin their day as well.

I do hope this is something he considers. I really like this concept that PM has, its got a lot of potential, but it certainly needs some work before it can work for everyone, regardless of how tech savvy they are.

Rockdaddy22
You want dave to do this when. You understand they're in the midst of a minor crisis at the moment.
Need Help? Let's chat.