cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Multiple Issues - I need help

1. Signed up for $30 plan because was supposed to get one month for free (Dec promo) - never got the promo.

2. Data has not worked ever - I have tried changing my APN settings like some posts have recommended. Nothing has working.

3. Picture messaging is not working over text. I can't send pictures or receive them. 

4. Can not talk to anyone ->*611 is useless

5. Very unintuitive forums -> was not clear how to make a new thread.

Right now I feel like I have payed for two months of a service that A) didn't work, and B) was supposed to get on promo. I do not know how to get help and get these issues addressed.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Multiple Issues - I need help

1-..  what day did you sign up?

2 and 3.. check APN settings. They should be like below.

Screenshot_20191225_182521.jpg

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@js20 Contact a moderator. Use this private message link to contact them directly https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

After you have done that come back here, for help with some of the other issues.

@js20 wrote:

1. Signed up for $30 plan because was supposed to get one month for free (Dec promo) - never got the promo.

2. Data has not worked ever - I have tried changing my APN settings like some posts have recommended. Nothing has working.

3. Picture messaging is not working over text. I can't send pictures or receive them. 

Right now I feel like I have payed for two months of a service that A) didn't work, and B) was supposed to get on promo. I do not know how to get help and get these issues addressed.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@js20  Follow @gblackma  advise and contact a moderator. This is the fastest way to solve your multiple issues if you couldn't deal with them so far.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

4- to go with my first post. Below link is a good article on 611 and also how to get support.

Take a look

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/get-support

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Staliger @gblackma  pretty sure we can take care of a few issues for him before contacting moderators.

He still hasn't even responded to tell us when his join date was.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@js20  also regarding 2 and 3... What is the make and model of your phone? If you're certain your APN settings are correct. Some phones need a network reset.

You can also post a screenshot of your APN settings here so we can take a look. 

And then when we know your phone make/model give you tips how to get it data and MMS to work

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@js20 wrote:

@js20  Public does not have a $30 plan.

Edit: that includes talk and text. It's data only. Thanks @Luddite 👍

There are $25 and 35 plans. The only $30 is a data plan. If you ordered that you still need a calling plan in order for it to work.

Maybe, because you don't have a plan.

See above.

See above

Smiley Frustrated

@js20  Best to submit a ticket to PM explain what happened and ask for help. 

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@js20 

PM support is provided by moderator.  PM does not have call center and no online chat.

You data and picture MMS is due to your APN settings.

IF you have a LG phone, you need to do a network reset after changing provider before your data is working again.

You can also create a moderator support ticket to help using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page. 

1. Tell SIMon what is the issue
2. Ask for "moderator"
3. SIMon will give your 2 choices. Click on the "Account-specific question"
4. Then, click on "No, I want a human"
5. Click "Submit a ticket"
6. Follow instruction to create support ticket.
Good luck.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Hi @js20 

Welcome to the community and public mobile.

Can you please log in to your selfserve and click on payment history.

Please expand it on 90 days to have picture bit more clear of what is going on.

Not that plans z are charged in two steps, 25 is charged 10+15.

Black out the sensitive info and take screenshots and post it here so we can help you figure out what's going on and if your need to ask public mobile for what and if they owe you.

For help with data, could you please share your make and model of the phone

Thanks