cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Issues - I need help

js20
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

1. Signed up for $30 plan because was supposed to get one month for free (Dec promo) - never got the promo.

2. Data has not worked ever - I have tried changing my APN settings like some posts have recommended. Nothing has working.

3. Picture messaging is not working over text. I can't send pictures or receive them. 

4. Can not talk to anyone ->*611 is useless

5. Very unintuitive forums -> was not clear how to make a new thread.

Right now I feel like I have payed for two months of a service that A) didn't work, and B) was supposed to get on promo. I do not know how to get help and get these issues addressed.

22 REPLIES 22

samsam
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

this settings does not work for me.  just activate sim 20 minutes ago, voice is doing fine, but no data

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Have you tried the sim card in another phone to make sure it's not a faulty sim?

Can you make/receive calls on the Umidigi? How about regular text messages?

Your Umidigi is a dual sim phone, did you try using the other sim slot? Also check the "sim settings" to make sure data is enabled for the slot you are using.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi js20,

Happy to help!

Let us take it step by step! No worries, it makes two of us, we will do it together.

I regret the the phone cannot connect, yet we will need to insist on typing the APN settings ( I understand it's frustrating, but through effort I am confident we can make it work). 

The picture messages will work only if the APN settings will be correctly set and mobile data ON.

Please reset the APN settings to default and then input the following values:

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: Leave blank

Do let us know how it works.

Respectfully yours,

Silvio_M

Public Mobile Moderator

js20

I am confident the phone will work. 

They reset my phone connection but data is still not working.

I have tried tweaking my APN settings with GID/none, and removing/adding spaces to APN type - then saving and restarting the device. Still now luck.

I see the 4g icon on the phone with the arrows, and I can see some data is getting consumed. Everytime I tweak some APN settings and restart it tries to connect and uses some data but I still cant send a picture over text or even connect to google.com.

My data says I have consume ~ 4mb now - I think it goes up by 200kb everytime I tweak APN and try to reconnect.

ddufour
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Did you get your data working?

@js20 wrote:

my phone is Umidigi F1 play

Data
4G LTE
Yes
Speed
LTE 700 MHz Class 13 LTE 700 MHz Class 17 LTE 800 MHz LTE 850 MHz LTE 900 MHz LTE 1700/2100 MHz LTE 1800 MHz LTE 1900 MHz LTE 2100 MHz LTE 2600 MHz LTE-TDD 1900 MHz (B39) LTE-TDD 2300 MHz (B40) LTE-TDD 2500 MHz (B41) LTE-TDD 2600 MHz (B38) LTE-TDD 2000 MHz (B34) LTE 700 MHz (B12) LTE 800 MHz (B18) LTE 800 MHz (B19) LTE 1900 MHz (B25) LTE 850 MHz (B26) LTE 700 MHz (B28)

https://www.gizmochina.com/product/umidigi-f1-play/

@js20  That phone will work well without any issues. 

chintan12
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Are you trying to get help in checking device compatibility ?

js20

my phone is Umidigi F1 play

Data
4G LTE
Yes
Speed
LTE 700 MHz Class 13 LTE 700 MHz Class 17 LTE 800 MHz LTE 850 MHz LTE 900 MHz LTE 1700/2100 MHz LTE 1800 MHz LTE 1900 MHz LTE 2100 MHz LTE 2600 MHz LTE-TDD 1900 MHz (B39) LTE-TDD 2300 MHz (B40) LTE-TDD 2500 MHz (B41) LTE-TDD 2600 MHz (B38) LTE-TDD 2000 MHz (B34) LTE 700 MHz (B12) LTE 800 MHz (B18) LTE 800 MHz (B19) LTE 1900 MHz (B25) LTE 850 MHz (B26) LTE 700 MHz (B28)

https://www.gizmochina.com/product/umidigi-f1-play/

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@CannonFodder wrote:

@js20  Only thing I can think of, would be to change those last two entries(the ones pertaining to MVNO) to blank, because when I had those filled in the same as yours, data wouldn't work for me. OTOH, other folks here have said it works fine that way.

These 2 MVNO fields on my APN are blank too and my data and picture MMS work.

@js20  Only thing I can think of, would be to change those last two entries(the ones pertaining to MVNO) to blank, because when I had those filled in the same as yours, data wouldn't work for me. OTOH, other folks here have said it works fine that way.

js20

Screenshot_20200213-143510.png

Screenshot_20200213-143527.png

Screenshot_20200213-143536.png

@geopublic Just a point of clarification, as there is a $30 plan: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans/30for1GB-4GLTE

As it is only data, SMS/MMS would not work, and I'm not sure it was included as an eligible plan in the promos.

So, if the OP is correct I think we should be able to help him get data up if his phone is compatible and unlocked.

@js20 What is make/model of your phone?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@geopublic wrote:

@js20 wrote:

1. Signed up for $30 plan because was supposed to get one month for free (Dec promo) - never got the promo.

@js20  Public does not have a $30 plan. There are $25 and 35 plans. The only $30 is a data add-on. If you ordered that you still need a calling plan in order for it to work.

While we don't know FOR SURE, since the OP hasn't responded, if I had to take a guess, I'd tend to think that @geopublic  has hit the nail on the head on this one!

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @js20 

Welcome to the community and public mobile.

Can you please log in to your selfserve and click on payment history.

Please expand it on 90 days to have picture bit more clear of what is going on.

Not that plans z are charged in two steps, 25 is charged 10+15.

Black out the sensitive info and take screenshots and post it here so we can help you figure out what's going on and if your need to ask public mobile for what and if they owe you.

For help with data, could you please share your make and model of the phone

Thanks

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@js20 

PM support is provided by moderator.  PM does not have call center and no online chat.

You data and picture MMS is due to your APN settings.

IF you have a LG phone, you need to do a network reset after changing provider before your data is working again.

You can also create a moderator support ticket to help using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page. 

1. Tell SIMon what is the issue
2. Ask for "moderator"
3. SIMon will give your 2 choices. Click on the "Account-specific question"
4. Then, click on "No, I want a human"
5. Click "Submit a ticket"
6. Follow instruction to create support ticket.
Good luck.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@js20 wrote:

@js20  Public does not have a $30 plan.

Edit: that includes talk and text. It's data only. Thanks @Luddite 👍

There are $25 and 35 plans. The only $30 is a data plan. If you ordered that you still need a calling plan in order for it to work.

2. Data has not worked ever - I have tried changing my APN settings like some posts have recommended. Nothing has working.

Maybe, because you don't have a plan.

3. Picture messaging is not working over text. I can't send pictures or receive them. 

See above.

See above

Smiley Frustrated
Right now I feel like I have payed for two months of a service that A) didn't work, and B) was supposed to get on promo. I do not know how to get help and get these issues addressed.

@js20  Best to submit a ticket to PM explain what happened and ask for help. 

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@js20  also regarding 2 and 3... What is the make and model of your phone? If you're certain your APN settings are correct. Some phones need a network reset.

You can also post a screenshot of your APN settings here so we can take a look. 

And then when we know your phone make/model give you tips how to get it data and MMS to work

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Staliger @gblackma  pretty sure we can take care of a few issues for him before contacting moderators.

He still hasn't even responded to tell us when his join date was.

4- to go with my first post. Below link is a good article on 611 and also how to get support.

Take a look

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/get-support

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@js20  Follow @gblackma  advise and contact a moderator. This is the fastest way to solve your multiple issues if you couldn't deal with them so far.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@js20 Contact a moderator. Use this private message link to contact them directly https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

After you have done that come back here, for help with some of the other issues.

@js20 wrote:

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

1-..  what day did you sign up?

2 and 3.. check APN settings. They should be like below.

Screenshot_20191225_182521.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.