cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Account setup problems

Jane80
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, 

I referred my mom and my daughter both to sign up with public mobile.  They were on the same account with Telus before.  Same account number but different phones/phone numbers
My daughter's sign up seemed to go fine (so far).  It still says unregistered sim on my daughters phone but the message I got says it can take up to two hours to finish...so will see what happens there.  I did get an email saying it worked but..still says unregistered sim on the phone.

My mom on the other hand cant get past the porting screen. Here is what it says:

Screen Shot 2020-05-31 at 9.19.59 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-31 at 9.19.42 PM.png

The error seems to be highlighting the alternate phone number field.  She has tried many different phone numbers and it just keeps highlighting it like that

She has tried it multiple times reloading her computer, different browser etc.  She also tried it on the ipad browser to see if it would work there. 

The weird thing is that I put the exact same info into my daughters sign up page there in those exact fields and it worked.  Does the problem have to do with the fact that both numbers are trying to be ported from one single telus account? 

She also has an ipad with a phone number with the telus account and wanting to know if she can move that over to public mobile as well.  Will she have to have two separate accounts?

To be honest this has been a very frustrating experience.  It would be best if we could just have one family account

Please help; I really don't want her to stay with telus just over a sign up problem here

17 REPLIES 17

@Jane80 you need to message Moderators to fix your daughter's phone. the account didn't provision properly. 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 8AM to Midnight EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 8AM to 10PM PM EST

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jane80 wrote:

this one?
https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

Yes. I used to have a nice saved canned bit about all that but they took that feature away.

Try those settings. APN is only just about data and MMS picture messaging.

If one or the other still have problems then take some screenshots of your APN settings and maybe we'll see something in there.

Jane80

Jane80

Public mobile suggests this for data settings (for my daughters android):

"1) Tap:
  • Settings
  • More
  • Access Point Names
  • New APN Settings
2) Input this info:3) Leave all the other fields blank. Just hit save, and you’re good to go!"

~~~~~~~~

Im not sure what to do, the public mobile one is the one I added as per these instructions but do I delete the other ones?  How do I know which is being used

Screen Shot 2020-05-31 at 10.08.10 PM.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try again @Jane80 . Your post disappeared. Happens sometimes.

Search the internet for gishan canada and find Public Mobile and find the phone and try those settings.

Jane80

Thank you; I will try this with her tomorrow I guess
On my daughter's phone, I went in the change the android data settings 
and not sure what to do now:

Public mobile says to do this:

") Tap:
  • Settings
  • More
  • Access Point Names
  • New APN Settings
2) Input this info:3) Leave all the other fields blank. Just hit save, and you’re good to go!"

This is the screen on her phone:
The public mobile one is the one I made based on the instructions here; should i delete the other ones?  How do I know which one is being used?

Jane80

so as an update, my daughter's phone seems to work now, but I think I am supposed to do the android data settings 

This is what public mobile says to do"

") Tap:
  • Settings
  • More
  • Access Point Names
  • New APN Settings
2) Input this info:3) Leave all the other fields blank. Just hit save, and you’re good to go!

This is what the screen looks like:

'public mobile' is the one i added as per the public mobile directions; do i delete these other ones?  

@Jane80 wrote:

So, one of the comments said since its with telus I should create a new number and let mods do the port, and the other said 

"the SIM may be locked from too many attempts.  Wait 1 hour from last attempt, clear your browser history, go to private/ incognito mode and try again to activate your moms SIM card. Use your number as the alternate number. It's there in case there is a problem with the port. If this doesn't work,  activate with a temporary cell phone number and contact the moderators to port it. Stay safe. "

Are both correct?  What should I do?

You should wait 50 minutes befeore trying the activation again. Otherwise, the sim card number will not be accepted. Since you are having problems with the porting form, I would do just that: let the moderators handle the number porting.

Jane80

So, one of the comments said since its with telus I should create a new number and let mods do the port, and the other said 

"the SIM may be locked from too many attempts.  Wait 1 hour from last attempt, clear your browser history, go to private/ incognito mode and try again to activate your moms SIM card. Use your number as the alternate number. It's there in case there is a problem with the port. If this doesn't work,  activate with a temporary cell phone number and contact the moderators to port it. Stay safe. "

Are both correct?  What should I do?

@jasminebajwa wrote:

Use Ccleaner to remove cookies and website data and then try again.

Why would anyone use a third-party program to do that? The browser is more than capable of clearning website data. Unfortunately, my experience has been that these privacy cleaning programs can be quite damaging. I've had it a few times where these types of programs make a change to the registry and then immediately after, Windows won't start properly.

Jane80

My mom is too frustrated and has gone to bed.  
I offered to do it for her from here, as the promotion thing is over today

She said she will try tomorrow 😞 

jasminebajwa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Use Ccleaner to remove cookies and website data and then try again.

@JoyLuck wrote:

@Jane80 

Can you try again. Clear your browser cache/history/cookies. Close browser and open a new browser in incognito/private mode.

Jane80:

Be sure to first wait 50 minutes or this won't work. 

@Jane80 the SIM may be locked from too many attempts.  Wait 1 hour from last attempt, clear your browser history, go to private/ incognito mode and try again to activate your moms SIM card. Use your number as the alternate number. It's there in case there is a problem with the port. If this doesn't work,  activate with a temporary cell phone number and contact the moderators to port it. Stay safe. 

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Jane80 

Can you try again. Clear your browser cache/history/cookies. Close browser and open a new browser in incognito/private mode.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Jane80 if they are coming from Telus you need to choose a new number first, then message customer support to port the numbers over.

for your mother's account, choose a new number and then message customer support to finish the port

contact customer support here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 8AM to Midnight EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 8AM to 10PM PM EST

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jane80 

One SIM, one account, one number, one unique email address.

Maybe try putting 1 along with the 10 digits for that alternate.

The ipad "number" should be able to transfer. Again into its own account.

Need Help? Let's chat.