cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving in PM need help

pencilprince
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So last year we used my cousin phone number to open up a new account in PM to my other friend who recently got here in Canada but she got a new number after.

And now my cousin is planning to move in PM but she can't create a new account because we used it already to my other friend  need help on  how we can create a new account for my cousin, she wants to retain the phone number also that why we can't use another phone number to create an another account.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@pencilprince At the risk of adding to your confusion, this is my understanding of your situation.

a) your cousin gave their phone number to a friend. This effectively transferred that Public Mobile account to the friend.

b) now your cousin wants their phone number back.

Because PM does not allow transfer of phone numbers between accounts, the following is the only way to do what you wish:

1. get a Public Mobile SIM and activate it choosing a new number (but give your cousin's phone number in the referral for the rewards). 

2. once activated have your cousin and the friend trade SIM cards.

3. have your cousin and friend login to each account and change anything in the profile to "make it their own". In particular they will want to change credit card to their own.

If this is what you wish to do, but are confused just ask for clarification.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@pencilprince

Still a bit confused on what is the exact issue with your couisin.

Has your couisin activated a new account/SIM card with Public Mobile yet?  Or trying to port the number with activation?  

You need a public mobile phone number to sign up for self service account as well as email address.  You can't create a self service account without having an active PM phone number/SIM card.  

You just need a new SIM card, payment method to open new line with Public Mobile.  Then you can later port over your couisin phone number later.  

pencilprince

the problem is we want to retain the phone number she currently used right now and when you create an account first thing they is phone number, i tried to type in the phone number it said it is used already and I know why because we used that phone number to create to our friend account which she doesn't have phone number yet because she was recently got here in Canada in that situation.

pencilprince

When you are registering a new account they will ask your phone number, and then when I type in the phone number it said it is used already and I know why because we used that phone number to create a new account to my friend which she current don't have a phone number because she just recently got here in Canada.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@slash407 @Dunkgirl I think the issue is the email address is already in use on the cousin's friend's account.  Just use a different email address, @pencilprince.  Most people have more than 1.  Or, if you've got a Gmail account, you can alias your address into multiple unique ones: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/gmail-address-tricks.  I believe hotmail/outlook.com mail have a similar trick, you can google for it.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@pencilprince wrote:

So last year we used my cousin phone number to open up a new account in PM to my other friend who recently got here in Canada but she got a new number after.

And now my cousin is planning to move in PM but she can't create a new account because we used it already to my other friend  need help on  how we can create a new account for my cousin, she wants to retain the phone number also that why we can't use another phone number to create an another account.

Thanks

@pencilprinceThis is a little difficult to follow. But if I understand you, buy a new sim card at the store. Register a new account. Port the phone number she has into the new account. Or register a new PM phone number then port her number over. You don't need a phone number to open a new account, unless you mean a referral number?

Need Help? Let's chat.