cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving 7 lines. Can I get free SIM cards and stack referrals ?

THS
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Please advise. Looking to either move to public or lucky. 

17 REPLIES 17

SomeFriend
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Glad that’s going well for you.  Hopefully all the ports complete without issues and activation is a breeze.

Welcome to the Public Mobile family!

THS

Ah too late already bought the 7 sims off amazon. Almost done setting all up. So far so good. 

@Poogzley wrote:

Sometimes you can find ebay sellers who will give you a discount when you buy more than one Public Mobile SIM. A few months ago one person was selling a pack of 20 SIMs for 40$ that equates to 2$ each or a 80% discount when compared to the regular price of 10$ each.

Poogzley

Sometimes you can find ebay sellers who will give you a discount when you buy more than one Public Mobile SIM. A few months ago one person was selling a pack of 20 SIMs for 40$ that equates to 2$ each or a 80% discount when compared to the regular price of 10$ each.

A referal of mine got a free SIM card at London Drugs in Greater Vancouver area today. And he had no problem using my referal code.

Terry

Did you get a referral code, I can send you mine if @Triguy is AFK? If you're in no hurry, I'm sure he'll be back on tonight.

@THS wrote:

Walmart wasted my time and didn't do it because they were too scared to port a small business bell mobile number.

In some ways, taking a new phone number first might be safer. There's nothing to prevent you from making the porting request afterwards.

THS

@Triguy wrote:

If you are an RBC there is a promo about $10 savings.  More details in this thread.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/FYI-Until-Sept-30-RBC-customers-10-off-...

I'll accept this as Solution. Want me to use your promo code ? Send it. 

THS

Double post oops.

THS

Walmart wasted my time and didn't do it because they were too scared to port a small business bell mobile number.

@THS 

No other special promotions at this time.  If you are in no rush, you could wait for other promotions that may occur in the future.  For example, 2nd month free promo credit, $25 friend referral credit for both parties, etc.  Difficult to predict.  Could sign up for PM announcements for these promos.

tehowennathe

PM kiosk will also offer sim for free if activated there. If you just get the sim card they will charge you yeh $10. 

Threre is no stacking of referrals.  One referral per account.  One account can be refereced by many referees.

@THS hi as for the referals you can collect the 1 dollar per month all on one account if you like and each line can get the 10 dollars after the first one is registered sometimes walmart or london drugs offer free sims you might want to check around I hear wow mobility also does once in a while

THS

So nothing better than $10 referral and usual $1/month etc ?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you are an RBC there is a promo about $10 savings.  More details in this thread.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/FYI-Until-Sept-30-RBC-customers-10-off-...

@THS 

London drugs (Western Canada) is  officially offering free SIM card with in store activation until August 28.  Walmart reps often will offer free SIM card because they get a commission for in store activations.  

You are able to self refer the lines for the $10 credit and ongoing $1 per month credit as long as new customer stays with PM.  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/the-refer-a-friend-reward

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

If you activate in some retail locations, see the list on the get started page, you may find free sims.  However, ordering or buying 7 at $10+taxes each, and doing referrals on each account you’ll get a $10 savings.

I can refer you with my code for your first, if this was helpful for you.

Need Help? Let's chat.