cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved From Telus Prepaid - will I get my balance back?

WannaCall
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I transferred my numbers from Telus Prepaid to PM and have a couple of questions:

(1) I expected an text from Telus saying "sorry to see you go" - but I see nothing.  Is my telus account cancelled?

(2) I had a balance remaining on my telus prepaid - will I get it back?  How do they send it?  I dont think they have my address.

thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Sometimes Telus will send a text saying sorry to see you go. Other times they send an email if you had one associatedand with you Telus prepaid account. To see if your Public Mobile account is active try making a call from your phone with the Public Mobile SIM in it. If works then account is working. 

As for getting a refund from your old Telus prepaid account, sorry that will not happen. Once you change accounts all funds in the old Telus account are gone. I hope it was not to much of a balance you had left on your Telus prepaid account. 

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

It's true. As with all prepaid phone services, there are no refunds.

This also applies to Public Mobile.
If you want to make plan changes, you should request the change to be effective at the next billing cycle.
That way you don't lose any service you've already paid for.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@WannaCall wrote:

I transferred my numbers from Telus Prepaid to PM and have a couple of questions:

(1) I expected an text from Telus saying "sorry to see you go" - but I see nothing.  Is my telus account cancelled?

(2) I had a balance remaining on my telus prepaid - will I get it back?  How do they send it?  I dont think they have my address.

thanks!

There is no refund for prepaid service in Canada including Telus.

Your Telus account should be closed after your number was ported out.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

No you will not get it back. 

If you can receive calls on your pm sim and if your telus sim stops working then your port is complete. 

Need Help? Let's chat.