cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motorola REVVLRY+ cell phone

ryan1976
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Motorola REVVLRY+ cell phone - carrier Public Mobile

I bought a new cell phone the one listed above. 

Problem: When I make phone calls I can hear the other person on the line perfect. The other person is telling me that I am cutting out, muffled, sound far away. I contacted Motorola and they informed me that the problem is a carrier ( Public Mobile ) issue. 

Could someone inform me how to fix this issue.

Thank you.

16 REPLIES 16

@ryan1976 

This is a known motorola issue with no definitive fix. Disabling google voice seems to be the best workaround at the moment that I have read.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@ryan1976 

The reason for cutting in/out could be the coverage in your area.

Check the PM coverage in your area:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/coverage 

The muffled sound is probably your phone but as others have noted, try your SIM on another phone. 
You might what to have your friends and family try calling via wifi like WhatsApp or TextNow etc and see if there is still a muffled sound.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ryan1976   i wonder if it is a device issue, specifically the microphone.  Try to get a wired headset as well as Bluetooth headset to see if it is any better.  

Also, other than trying your SIM on another phone , you can try SIM from other carriers

Also,  hear yourself,  try calling 1 226-244- 4444  for an echo test

og2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

What happens when you put the sim card back into your old device? Do you still experience the same issues?

@ryan1976 

Turn voLTE calling off

@ryan1976 wrote:

I have tried all those things. How do I submit a ticket to customer service by Moderator Team,

I see that you're replying to the message about setting the network to 3g, rebooting the phone, taking the SIM card out and reinserting it, and toggling airplane mode.  Unfortunately, none of those things could possibly solve your issue relating to in-phone-call sound quality.

Before contacting the moderators, it's important to first determine if this is a service issue or if it is a device issue. It really could be either. Do you know anyone else who uses Public Mobile?  I highly suggest asking to borrow a phone from that person if you can.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ryan1976 wrote:

I have tried all those things. How do I submit a ticket to customer service by Moderator Team,

@ryan1976 

Only one way to solve your issue , explanation to customer service by Moderator Team

and the are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

you Have To Submit a Ticket To Customer Service by Moderator Team,

Here’s how to contact customer service by Moderator Team,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click HERE to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to Moderator Team  by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service.

Good Luck

So was it a phone issue or did you have the same experience with another phone?

ryan1976
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Anonymous 

I don't understand what you are saying. Forcing the phone to 3G will have no impact on the quality of a 3G call. SIM card is not used during an active call. It's used for network authentication and certain registration procedures.

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 

@ryan1976 

@sheytoon 

the issue with line or SIM card or the area Signal or device issue but if try it the 3GB sometime is will working fine you know but is good think to test with another device to you check your device right working.

I agree with trying another phone, but neither reinserting the SIM card nor setting the network to 3g  will do anything to improve audio quality.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 

@ryan1976 

@sheytoon 

the issue with line or SIM card or the area Signal or device issue but if try it the 3GB sometime is will working fine you know but is good think to test with another device to you check your device right working.

@Anonymous please explain how 3G would impact voice quality, given that all voice calls are always on 3G already. Can you also explain what the SIM card has to do with one-way audio quality?

@ryan1976 your best bet is to try your SIM in another phone to isolate the issue. Are you in a poor coverage area?

@Anonymous wrote:

can you try it selecting the network to "3G ONLY"

As phone calls are already working (but the sound ins't clear), selecting 3g only will not fix this problem. This is because the phone would already be on that type of network during any phone call.

@ryan1976 wrote:

Motorola REVVLRY+ cell phone - carrier Public Mobile

I bought a new cell phone the one listed above. 

Problem: When I make phone calls I can hear the other person on the line perfect. The other person is telling me that I am cutting out, muffled, sound far away. I contacted Motorola and they informed me that the problem is a carrier ( Public Mobile ) issue. 

There isn't any way that Motorola could know that without first testing the device. It could be either your device or it could be the network causing this problem. You'll want to try your SIM card in another compatible phone if possible.

Anonymous
Not applicable

can you try it selecting the network to "3G ONLY"

for iPhone visit HERE 

or HERE 

for android visit HERE ,

if you still not working do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and do rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you do try reseat the SIM card

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. wipe it clean SIM card,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

if you still not working you have to Submit a ticket to customer service by Moderator Team,

the will check it you line

Need Help? Let's chat.