cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly reset date ?

stemcell
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Seems I started my account on the 26th and recently paid on the 26th. Today is the 2nd of the month and my data is running out as it has yet to reset. When will this happen ? Data is important and I cannot have it running out due to errors in the system. 

52 REPLIES 52

stemcell

ISSUE REMAINS AND THIS FORUM ACTS AS I DID IN ITS OWN LARGER DEFENCE.  

WHEN PUBLIC MOBILE WANTS TO FIX THE ISSUE IT CAN INBOX ME SOMETHING BETTER THAN THE BULL**bleep** THAT I USED MY DATA INSTEAD OF DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING BUT DENIAL. NO ISSUE SO CCTS OR CRTC WHO CARES ? It will be the third or fourth time and win anyway 

stemcell

I am certain a service is defined as the same by all tiers.  

stemcell

HELP WITHOUT DATA.  Yup.  Op . Jag off

stemcell

No problem jag off

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I said it before amd I say it again.

PM is not for running a business or your job depends on a wotking phone.

PM does not have call center.  Support is provided by moderator and wait time is around 48 hours.

People do your research before joining PM.  Don't join PM if you cannot without a working phone for 48 hours.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ute1978 wrote:

Guys, @stonechucker @Anonymous what happened to "IGNORE" this poster? By answering we just feed the troll.  I can predict another bitchy answer coming.

I'm not entirely sure he knows the definition of a troll in the context of the internet so from him it's intended as an insult.

But I suppose he could actually be defined as the troll seeing as he comes on here basically baiting a response from the regulars.

I've been called all kinds of fun things so it doesn't bother me because hey it's all anonymous so who cares.

I sympathize with the guy for having a non-functioning service but the fact that he refuses to use the support model that he is paying for by way of his cheaped-out telecom service...boggles. This is what he paid for.

But apparently he thinks paying whatever-$50 for this service entitles him to hand-holding, valet driven, wine and caviar, first-class service. The point soars miles over his head.

@ute1978, he called me a troll first - Now I'm helping him by telling him he's not letting us help him.

I'm the better person here.

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Guys, @stonechucker @Anonymous what happened to "IGNORE" this poster? By answering we just feed the troll.  I can predict another bitchy answer coming.

@stemcell, I see it was Friday you posted your first message in this thread - I don't know what time of the day it was, so you're on day 3 of waiting.  As I mentioned in my last post, you'll need to await the Moderators to respond.

They work from 9 AM until 9:30 PM Monday to Friday Eastern Time, hopefully, you'll see something this evening.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stemcell:

You are one stubborn SOB aren't ya.

You bought into this service to cheap out on your telecommunications needs.

You refuse to make use of the support model provided.

While technically last week, it's only been over the weekend.

Just cut your losses and go elsewhere. Complain to the federal complaint department. Do a chargeback on your credit. Whatever it takes.

THIS PLACE IS NOT FOR YOU.

@stemcell, keep calling us trolls, you won't get the community helping you.  We only put up with lack of following instructions, and not providing information for so long, until you actually listen to us.

I'm not going to re-read this thread to figure out your issue, as I already gave up on helping.

But I will tell you to private message details to the Moderator_team, via the envelope in the upper right corner of every community page.

Include your account number, your phone number and your PIN, along with a description of your issue.

If this has been done, you'll have to wait for the Moderator_Team to respond directly to via Private message also - You can turn on email notifications in your profile settings to assist in getting the notification of a response.

stemcell

Expected people like you trolls online.  Where’s the help ?very certain @CS_Agent was contacted LAST WEEK.  Paid for a service that I’m not getting. I must have been the only customer this happened too therefore irrelevant 

ute1978

@krazykiwi wrote:

@ute1978

There is no point in wasting time or energy here. This OP does not wish to get help.

You are absolutely right.

drmartin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@krazykiwi wrote:

@ute1978

There is no point in wasting time or energy here. This OP does not wish to get help. They are just looking for a place to vent there anger and for us to continue responding just fuels and justifies the irrational behaviour. 

I believe that the best thing to do in this situation is to ignore it. We have offered several suggestions and currently there is no evidence that any of them were even explored including contacting the MODs with proper information and decorum. 

So if we just stop responding eventually they will either give up or start to correspond professionally and respectfully.

Shame it comes to this, but that's the society we live in these days... 😞

@ute1978

There is no point in wasting time or energy here. This OP does not wish to get help. They are just looking for a place to vent their anger and for us to continue responding just fuels and justifies the irrational behaviour. 

I believe that the best thing to do in this situation is to ignore it. We have offered several suggestions and currently there is no evidence that any of them were even explored including contacting the MODs with proper information and decorum. 

So if we just stop responding eventually they will either give up or start to correspond professionally and respectfully.

ute1978

@stemcellDid you contact a mod as advised? You could have gotten a response by now instead of bitching around.

stemcell

I’d have paid it if had knowledge that it would be refunded.  How about a reasonable charge for data only ? Data Data Data overpriced or zero service 

stemcell

When data runs out and you do not have the time.  Grow the f up.  Help ? What help ? When u have no day and live in a rural area and have to get a third parties wifi a day later to actually read —— people who live online have not helped at all.  It was easy. Call a number.  Can’t give out a freaking phone number out here or tag a mod instantly to resolve a proven factual issue ? 24 hours later the issue persists. Do ya think I have time to sit and wait for a response or read through all this ? Ya take insults as that’s free as well.  Using online slaves saves no money for the consumer and obviously if you rely on data and a carrier that resolves issues quickly and reliably Public Mobile is not for you. 

ute1978

In case you haven't taken this step yet, @stemcell please contact a moderator using this link. Please provide your name, phone number, account number, pin. And then describe your issue.

ute1978

@Anonymous wrote:

ShawnC13 one page back already provided a link in his signature.

I don't see it. Did I turn off "signature visibility" if that is even possible?

Anonymous
Not applicable

ShawnC13 one page back already provided a link in his signature.

ute1978

Ok, I've read 4 pages and noticed the OP wants to get help and the community wants to help which is a perfect scenario and the intention of the Public Mobile community. But if OP isn't following the suggested steps or providing the requested info then stubborn OP cannot be helped.

It is an unfortunate situation and hopefully just a glitch in the system's account overview not in the phone itself. I think it is time to contact the Mods.

Can someone please copy and paste the instructions to do so?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stemcell:

So if your time is so valuable then what are you doing here? This is a self-serve, hands-on, low-budget carrier that is not really suited to customers that need the assurances of 24/7 call centres and mission critical communications services. But apparently you tried to cheap out on your communications needs. And so here you are.

This is the support model here. Work with it or leave it.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stemcell the main menu has a get help link.  All the instructions to get help are there. Look for the following heading:

Our Customer Support Team

Just a fyi mods are replying to messages in 72+ hours as there is a tad bit of a delay in responce time.

Best of luck.

Also if you really want buy a 1gb addon for 30$ , while you wait for issues to get resolved. Or just port out.

@stemcell, go find another carrier.  We've tried to help you, and you're just not allowing us to.

@stemcell wrote:

Then this forum is useless.  With some link to whatever lost or stolen BS has nothing to do with me. That’s their technical issue and for them to repair. It is up to Public Mobile to reset my account when it is paid for. It is not my job to have to ask why or reset anything. I am paying for a service and now my time equals to my monthly payment has been wasted.  Without proper responsive tech support , this is not an option for anyone requiring a communication device that is reliable. That’s why I would have paid $10 a month for a few months but NO SOME IDIOT DISNT WANT TO GIVE IT. 

You are right it is their job to fix the issue.  Your job was to fully research who you deal with for your business.  You don't have to have an account with PM to visit the forums and that would have shown you potential issues that may arise from the experience of others.  You would have also known that this forum and the community in it are here trying to help.  

Why would you settle for a plan that you didn't want?  You are the one getting the plan, if the salesman wouldn't give it to you need to let PM know.  But to agree to something you didn't want is crazy

Sure this is an issue PM needs to fix but we also need to take responsibility to make sure what we are getting into and the potential pitfalls we may experience

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@stemcell wrote:

Then this forum is useless.  With some link to whatever lost or stolen BS has nothing to do with me. That’s their technical issue and for them to repair. It is up to Public Mobile to reset my account when it is paid for. It is not my job to have to ask why or reset anything. I am paying for a service and now my time equals to my monthly payment has been wasted.  Without proper responsive tech support , this is not an option for anyone requiring a communication device that is reliable. That’s why I would have paid $10 a month for a few months but NO SOME IDIOT DISNT WANT TO GIVE IT. 

I am sorry you feel that way. Maybe a 2nd or 1st level carrier is more appropriate for you. They have call centres and techs that will contact you when requested (Most of the time), albeit at a cost! But if you don't mind the extra cost then you should look at one of those. PM's support is clearly laid out on their website and is directed at people with the knowledge and patience to mange their own accounts, but it is not for everyone!

The good thing is PM is prepaid so you are free to leave anytime you feel like it!

Wish you luck in what you seek

stemcell

The bull**bleep** “Badge” is for idiots who live online.  The community is also just that, people who have the job as slaves answering questions paid techs should just fix without all this nonsensical trash here.  No way to report this quickly or effectively means my money is gone to waste and I consider it stolen. 

stemcell

@stemcell wrote:

How about a referral to a tech as when my data runs out and my payment taken , it’s straight to the CRTC with this later today. Leave me without a needed paid for service is not acceptable. All things considered it’s not too hard for any staff of Public Mobile to find the issue and fix it without delay. No staff may make it cheaper but leaving me no internet and no phone number to call is ridiculous   Cheers.  

Hi,

Sorry you are having problems but the community consist of customers like yourself that volunteer to assist others hence no capability to refer to a tech. We do have a lot of knowledge and experience and are willing to assist. The MODs are the only employees of PM and do to being a 3rd tier carrier they are few and extremely busy.

I can assure the Lost/Stolen feature has been used many times to fix account issues and I personally have confirmation form the MODs that it will not affect your phone or account!

If you still want employee attention than there is nothing to do but wait for a MOD. 

BTW: it is the CCTS you want to contact not the CRTC and there is instructions on the community website for this.

Need Help? Let's chat.