cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Monthly plan data

Edit: deleted my post 

@darlicious and @Jb456  good catch on renewal date.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Renewal payment deducted on dec 28, so all data use on dec 29 onwards goes on new cycle...

Thanks for your help. I’ll send details of data use to Mods, going by cycle the usage doesn’t add up.

Mayor / Maire

@Foxjig1  So midnight Eastern standard Time on 28th till now. When you go through "View my usage" does it add up to what your overview page shows? Or near it as if you just used data recently in last couple hours that may have not updated to view usage section yet. Sometimes there is a delay...

I’ll check again in few hours to verify summary amount with the usage history.

Turning off data to stay on wifi for the next little while. Over and out for now.

Mayor / Maire

@Foxjig1  You should adjust your phone settings to use minimal data.

Your phone may have WiFi assist or wifi + (may be another similar name).

What this option does is. When connected to a wifi source if it noticed the WiFi signal is weak, having issues or not working it automatically switches back to Data so you're browsing / viewing experience is not interrupted..

You should turn that off.

You should also go into developer options and look for "Mobile data always on". Many phones have this and should also be turned off.

Then go through each app you have on your phone and select which ones can use both wifi and data, or just wifi or just data.

Also set updates for play store or apple to WiFi only as well as system updates.

I'm on 250mb per 30 days and since all my settings are correct I could (but I don't) leave data on 24/7 and it won't use a megabyte unless I want it to use my data.

Review all your phone settings to ensure minimal data is used without you using it.

Mayor / Maire

@Foxjig1 

Data usage updates twice a day about 12 hours apart in your usage summary.

Turn off all your background data usage in your apps it is unecessary and can save you up to 38% of your data usage.  Set your data saver, data tracker, data warning and data limiter these are all tools to help to stay on top of your usage and prevent that nasty surprise of the warning saying your data is at 75% or 90%.(will not occur when you have add on data.)

I checked the current cycle is counting data from 28 dec onwards. 

Mayor / Maire

@Foxjig1 

Is it basically adding up to your current usage?

Need Help? Let's chat.