cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly plan data

Foxjig1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi All,

im on a $25 plan, recently I got a auto renewal. I did bot see the plan data allocation update and is deducting data usage from the last cycle’s monthly data numbers. I was expecting the counter to reset on data allocated and usage, any ideas?

31 REPLIES 31

@AE_Collector  

This one I'm questioning.....look at the time stamp. 4/4

Foxjig1

Thanks for clarification. 

9EFD3503-C8B8-43D3-B95A-078063D92FA3.jpeg

@Foxjig1  

There is no "Expired" category of data or any expired category for that matter. So the consumer. It's just part of PM system

It just says "expired" for the system to renew your plan.

At your end you only have one category. Pay for a plan and you have 30 days of the plan. Payment due date. New 30 days start. Don't pay then no service.

So your plan renewed the 28th 12am eastern. Next payment is due January 27th. Means you have your plan and it ends the 26th at 11:59pm Eastern.

The expired has nothing to do with your account or your plan. It's simply wording for the back end of the Public Mobile system. 

At payment due date if system does not get a payment for next 30 days. Account is suspended all service stops working and you have 90 days from that the to pay to get your plan working again.

So there is no category for "expired". You pay a plan and you have 30 days to use the data. Plan renews, your data starts fresh again. Simple as that.

Regarding referrals you do not get both.

How it works.

The person that does the referring gets $1 off per 30 days. This shows in your "My Rewards" section of your account. You will see referral ($1) or wtv amount of people you referred. Like below.

Screenshot_20210103_104102.jpg

  

At renewal the system automatically credits rewards to available balance. Debits the balance for the plan amount owed. Then charges (auto-pay) the card if there is a remaining amount owed.

You will earn a referral reward as long as the person your referred account remains active and in good standing.

The person that was referred receives a one time $10 sign-up bonus applied to their account within 72 hours of activation.

I hope I explained this well for you to understand!

Foxjig1

I agree with you. I guess we get what we pay for. I wish they had usage history show what data allocation fell into the expired category upon renewal. That way it is easy to calculate and gives full transparency to the consumer. Current way there is a lot open for interpretation and frustration. 

any idea when they add up the $1 rebate and $10 one time bonus? I had a referral added on 28 Dec, yet to see the funds show up on my account. 

@Foxjig1 

I think you've got the full picture now of how your renewal works. If you are not in the eadtern time zone it can throw you for a loop as it has for last minuters activating before the 11:59 pm est cut off (8:59pm pst for me.)

The usage history can confuse too....all texts are in eastern time zonevas are unansered calls that go to voicemail on either end. But answered calls are recorded in local time as are calls you make to voicemail from your phone.

Hi @Foxjig1 

Is what you're saying is that the 662MB showing to be consumed on your self-serve home screen (from your 1GB monthly allotted plan data) is HIGHER than the data you manually add under usage history from the date of your most recent renewal (which appears to be on or around December 28th)?

That can be frustrating.  I'm not a big fan of the usage history layout - however all the information eventually is there.

Bear in mind that the data consumption showing under usage history always lags behind what's showing on the self-serve home screen by 12-24 hours until it updates.

The data showing on self-serve home page is pretty well instant based on actual usage.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Foxjig1 

Plans are 30 days. The evening of 27th your plan would have went from Active to Expired As it's starting the process for your renewal.

Then eventually later in the evening account would have went from Expired to suspended with this note.

Screenshot_20200205_002706.jpg

Once midnight hit (Eastern) your data and (if people are on limited calling plans) would have renewed.

Through the early morning (like 2am eastern) you start seeing updates on your account transaction history. Rewards credited, availed balance debited, auto-pay charged etc. From that early morning till around lunch time you also see a next payment due date of 3 months ahead.

Then once all has updated in the back end and system your account goes back from Suspended to Active for another 30 days.

PM not going to give you half a day of a free plan.

Your next payment due date is January 27th. So you have till 11:59 PM Eastern standard Time on the 26th to use your data. Clock strikes midnight the 27th it renews.

Your account is in order there is no need to contact moderstors. 

Foxjig1

Ok thanks all for your help.

@Foxjig1 

If renewal was 28th. It starts at 12:00 AM Eastern. 

So all is correct!

Foxjig1

Yeah, renewed on 28th data use for this cycle is included from same date. Someone commented above it should be from evening of 28th. System included data usage even from the morning of 28th. It doesn’t add up otherwise.

@Foxjig1 

Sorry im a little confused...your original concern? The amount of data used doesnt add up? Or that its been counting data usage since the 28th? The day your plan renewed?

Foxjig1

That was my original concern and it is true. Will be reaching out to the Moderators.

@Foxjig1 

Is it basically adding up to your current usage?

Foxjig1

I checked the current cycle is counting data from 28 dec onwards. 

@Foxjig1 

Data usage updates twice a day about 12 hours apart in your usage summary.

Turn off all your background data usage in your apps it is unecessary and can save you up to 38% of your data usage.  Set your data saver, data tracker, data warning and data limiter these are all tools to help to stay on top of your usage and prevent that nasty surprise of the warning saying your data is at 75% or 90%.(will not occur when you have add on data.)

@Foxjig1  You should adjust your phone settings to use minimal data.

Your phone may have WiFi assist or wifi + (may be another similar name).

What this option does is. When connected to a wifi source if it noticed the WiFi signal is weak, having issues or not working it automatically switches back to Data so you're browsing / viewing experience is not interrupted..

You should turn that off.

You should also go into developer options and look for "Mobile data always on". Many phones have this and should also be turned off.

Then go through each app you have on your phone and select which ones can use both wifi and data, or just wifi or just data.

Also set updates for play store or apple to WiFi only as well as system updates.

I'm on 250mb per 30 days and since all my settings are correct I could (but I don't) leave data on 24/7 and it won't use a megabyte unless I want it to use my data.

Review all your phone settings to ensure minimal data is used without you using it.

Foxjig1

Turning off data to stay on wifi for the next little while. Over and out for now.

Foxjig1

I’ll check again in few hours to verify summary amount with the usage history.

@Foxjig1  So midnight Eastern standard Time on 28th till now. When you go through "View my usage" does it add up to what your overview page shows? Or near it as if you just used data recently in last couple hours that may have not updated to view usage section yet. Sometimes there is a delay...

Foxjig1

Thanks for your help. I’ll send details of data use to Mods, going by cycle the usage doesn’t add up.

Foxjig1

Renewal payment deducted on dec 28, so all data use on dec 29 onwards goes on new cycle...

JK8
Mayor / Maire

Edit: deleted my post 

@darlicious and @Jb456  good catch on renewal date.

@Foxjig1 

According to your screenshot your renewal occurred on Dec 28th. Plans are not monthly they are every 30 days. You should reset your phone data tracker each month as well.

@Foxjig1 

Thanks for screenshot. Looking quickly. Your renewal had to be before the 31st Dec as your next payment due day is January 27th.

I think your renewal was the 29th? (Maybe 28th)

You can confirm this by clicking "View Payment History" under "Make a payment".

My renewal was actually the 31st of Dec. My next payment is January 30th.

Once you figure out what date your renewal was Under "Change plan" click "View my usage". Then on new page there is a drop down for "Last 7 days" switch it to last 30 days.  Go page by page up to renewal date.  Calculate each "Data event" that says "WEB".

Each page is at bottom. It's best to go through each page as the sort feature does not work that great.

Screenshot_20201102_153713.jpg

Do they add up to what you have currently used?

Foxjig1

The usage in this cycle doesn’t add up to the shown summary. I’m looking at all usage on dec 30 onwards to be on safe side. It’s not even half of shown MBs used.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Foxjig1 

Renewal is in eastern time, so if you are out west renewal takes place in the evening of Dec 30th for you. Did you use any data during that time that would now count towards your current cycle?

Foxjig1

I think it’s a system lag, it will update by the coming week? 

Foxjig1

95EC6528-EA51-474F-910B-43149C7F1690.jpeg

@Foxjig1 

Can you please post a screenshot of your My Data & Add-on Section?

As plans are 30 Daya. Once the renewal happens (Dec 31st) then your data should reset. Is it possible that you're looking at a data add-on?  ..a screenshot will help see what you see. Thanks!

Foxjig1

Dec 31, next renewal date is Jan 30.

Need Help? Let's chat.