cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Money on my account.

scolorado
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello everyone, I am hoping someone can help me with this.

We purchased a SIM card and added 50.00 to our Public Mobile account.  The phone was for our Japanese student.  Due to the virus, she was sent home.  She took the SIM card and the phone back to Japan with her and now the 50.00 stays on her account and will not be used.  How can I get this money back?  I cannot find a number to ask Public Mobile.  I did call Telus who owns PM but they said that they cannot help.  This is very frustrating and 50.00 is a lot of money due to what is happening right now.  

Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you

6 REPLIES 6

@Anonymous wrote:

@scolorado 

Could the student mail the SIM back. Then you could at least kinda have it as a useable account. Change the plan down to $15 and then renew it every 4 months to put it on a holding pattern.

@scolorado  If you know the login details then just access selfserve and just do as suggested above. If you don't have the login details then contact the student and ask for them.

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Assuming you have access to the login info, branching off from @gblackma's idea, you can also buy a new SIM and use the account for yourself.

Currently SIM cards are $5 on Amazon.

Contact the mods afterwards, they might be able to credit you the cost for the SIM as well, given the situation.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@scolorado 

Could the student mail the SIM back. Then you could at least kinda have it as a useable account. Change the plan down to $15 and then renew it every 4 months to put it on a holding pattern.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@scolorado , this service is prepaid and generally does not provide refunds.  Given the extraordinary circumstances, I would imagine that obtaining some goodwill is quite possible.  Please discuss your situation with the moderator team and see what they will be able to do for you.  If they are not accommodating, please report back and I will try to advocate further for you.  Good luck, stay safe.

The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@scolorado log into your self service account, and place the service on lost/ stolen. This will prevent your account from being charged if it comes up for payment renewal. You will have 90 days to get your refund before the account is permanently closed. Contact the moderators and explain your situation as @Cathy007 suggests.

Cathy007
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)

Need Help? Let's chat.