cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

@Moderator_Team Porting number from Rogers Prepaid

acheung
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

As suggested in this forum, I chose a new number at time of activation three days ago.  Tonight, I followed the porting number procedures as outlined in this forum by providing my Roger's account number, account name, pin number and old phone number to be ported in, I have this message "Phone number change successful"

But then I received the following text message which I don't know what to do:

"Public Mobile here.  To complete your request to move to Public Moble, please go to Publicmobile.ca, click Contact us and complete the SIM & Activation online form.  Please ensure you provide the correct account number from your previous service provider.  Thanks"

12 REPLIES 12

acheung

Thank you to all the people ( @surreyboz@computergeek541@popping@RobertQc ) who helped me out in porting.  I am not sure what went wrong, but eventually the porting issue was resolved manually  by @CS_Agent .  This is a wonderful community on my first contact.

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@acheung wrote:

As suggested in this forum, I chose a new number at time of activation three days ago.  Tonight, I followed the porting number procedures as outlined in this forum by providing my Roger's account number, account name, pin number and old phone number to be ported in, I have this message "Phone number change successful"

"Public Mobile here.  To complete your request to move to Public Moble, please go to Publicmobile.ca, click Contact us and complete the SIM & Activation online form.  Please ensure you provide the correct account number from your previous service provider.  Thanks"

You Provided too much information therefore somewhere there was a mismatch of the information Rogers has versus the information you Provided to Public Mobile. If you look at the porting form, it asks you for 1 of the 3 things not all three. Account Number or Pin/Password on the Account or IMEI of your Device. 

acheung

Thank you computergeek541.  I've send in Roger's account#, account name, phone# and PM's phone# to be replaced.  Hope it'll work and thank you everybody for all the help and advice.

@acheung wrote:

Thank you for the advise.  What information I need to send to @CS_Agent?  Would account number, account name, old Roger's phone number and PM's number are enough without the PIN?  Thanks.

In many cases, including the PIN in the porting request actually causes more porting failures.  It's more information that can possibly be incorrect, or otherwise not match Rogers' records.  PINs can be changed, forgotten, or confused with other things such as voicemail passwords.  Account numbers are constant and never change for the life of the account.  Providing more information in a phone number porting request doesn't usually help (although it does with some carriers who have their port out procedures set a certain way).

acheung

Thank you popping Major.  I'll do just that and hopefully my problem will be solved.  Keep my fingers crossed.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@acheung wrote:

Thank you for the advise.  What information I need to send to @CS_Agent?  Would account number, account name, old Roger's phone number and PM's number are enough without the PIN?  Thanks.

You should provide moderator Rogers account # and Rogers phone # to be ported. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

acheung

@acheung wrote:

Thank you for Popping Major and RobertQc for the quick response.  My new Public Mobile # still shows up under "My plan & Add-ons".  So what next?

You'll need to send that message to Moderator_Team. 

For now, incoming calls/messages will continue to go to your Rogers service/phone (until phone number porting has finished).

acheung

Thank you for Popping Major and RobertQc for the quick response.  My new Public Mobile # still shows up under "My plan & Add-ons".  So what next?

Yes, as RobertQC was saying, the moderators will need to help you to manually fix the request or submit another transfer request to Rogers.

The text message that you received actually means the phone number transfer has failed.

I have a feeling that the moderators might end up resubmitting another request for you, but while this time leaving out the Rogers PIN number.

Addition to original message:  note that I do not believe putting the @ symbol and then Moderator_Team in the title works as tagging.  You'll have to follow RobertQC's instructions to contact them.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@acheung wrote:

Login to your account.  Is your account showing your Rogers phone number on your [Plan and Add-Ons] page?

If yes, your port may have problem.  Send a private message to moderator for help.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@acheung wrote:

@acheung

Click this to send them a message.

It sounds like they need to put in the request again manually after you re-submit the account number, it might be stuck or failed. It might seem like your phone is working but if its stuck/failed then people won't be able to call you, but the phone might appear as its working. Send them off a message a soon as you can. Click this to send them a message. 

From what I hear they are responding within the hour, within operating hours. Monday-Friday 9am-9pm (EDT) and Satuday-Sunday 9AM-7:30PM (EDT)

Need Help? Let's chat.