cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moderator Hours

Edenl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey there, 

Happy holidays everyone if you celebrate it! I've had to renew my plan early because I ran out of data for this cycle. I've done this before by sending a direct message to the moderator. I didn't expect to get a response because I sent it yesterday evening (Christmas Eve). Out of curiousity, do you know if the moderators take holidays? I am completely fine with waiting for a few days as it's my own fault, but I was just curious as they post working hours but don't detail any holidays or other schedule exceptions. 

Eden 

9 REPLIES 9

BarryS
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@jrgosh1945 SIM cards don’t require any code to be activated. Are you sure your phone isn’t locked to your original service provider?  If it’s pre 2017 and you’ve never used it with another provider, it is probably locked and you’ll need to contact your previous service provider (Rogers, Bell, Telus).  They will provide an unlock code.  If it’s a Samsung phone, you can also contact them and they will provide you with a code.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @jrgosh1945, What exactly is the message you are getting, and where?  A new SIM should not require a code.

jrgosh1945

I need a simm code to access my new activated card which was not provided to me i have use 1234 & 0000 found online but it is not accepting it please help

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The official hours are noted in this knowledge base article.  They don't speak to exceptions for holidays.  I would go with what is written.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Get-Help/ta-p/251745

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Great to hear. Merry Christmas. Great to see mod reply time Is less than 24 hours.

Edenl

@mimmo I'm the one with the Province-wide calling. 

No worries though cause they just got back to me! They're quick. I'm just happy cause I'm stuck at work with no wifi and a minimal workload and now I have data!

Thanks for everything. 

E

mimmo

@Edenl,  an in-market plan is simply one that is still available to purchase.  ie is your current plan still avaialble for purchase  or was it a promotion that expired?

I see a 15gb/90days full LTE plan for 180$(provincial calling)-195$(canada wide calling).  if this is your plan you could switch to a 30 day plan or even try out the 3g speed plans, and then futuredate the existing plan at renewal .

If you let us know exatly what your current plan is there might also be some better offers available and it might be benifecial to change to a different plan than renew early.  

Edenl

Hi @mimmo

Sorry, I'm not sure what an in-market plan is, ha ha. I'm on the 90 day plan auto-renewal plan with 15 gigs of data. I ran out because I was having internet issues at home so I'd connect to my data. I've done it before where you can message a moderator and they'll early renew your plan which changes the date but gives you access to the data right away. They're usually quite quick. Can you think of any other easier and quicker options?

I'm not miffed or anything either. Still fairly new to this 'no call centre' company so I was just wondering too. Thanks for the info though, it's good to know. 

E

mimmo

I know they work holidays, but the exact staffing levels or hours is unknown.  Assumptions can aleaysabe wrong but imagine they are the standard hours, because nothing is stated otherwise.

@Edenl what plan are you on? Is it an in market plan?  Ie could you switch to a new plan with data (immidete plan change) then future date a plan  change to you existing plan?

Need Help? Let's chat.