cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moderator Contact/Ticket Not Working

publicmobileun
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just activated my PM sim and can't MMS. SIMone keeps popping up a 'contact moderator' page, but when I enter my community username  and password (NOT the account username and password, but I've tried entering those too), it keeps saying 'error  logging in'.

As you guys can see, I'm obviously signed in to the community given I'm posting this question here. So, I think there is something wrong with the moderator ticket opening page.

Is anyone else having the same issue? Someone please tell the moderators about this issue. I don't know how to do that since I'm new here.

9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@publicmobileun wrote:

The is a new number. I haven't ported a number.

What all works?

Can you browse the internet?

What make/model/submodel is the phone?

publicmobileun

The is a new number. I haven't ported a number.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

Hi @publicmobileun,

if you've just activated your sim and ported a number over this could be the reason your MMS isn't working. you might have to wait a couple hours for everything to finish porting

publicmobileun

Thank you! I've used your link to send a private message to the moderator team.

Also, in case anyone wants to look into the actual issue I'm facing, here's a link to that post: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/iPhone-11-Pro-MMS-Not-working/m-p/529...

Hope the link works. Initially it said that my post looks similar to others and so, it may still be sitting waiting for approval. But, I've searched here and I haven't found a solution to the original problem I'm facing that's mentioned in the post linked to.

@publicmobileun wrote:

Yes it is turned on. This post is just about my moderator contact issues. I've created another post with the details on the actual issue I'm having. I'll link to it once the link shows up. For some reason, it's not showing up at the moment.

@publicmobileun 

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@publicmobileun wrote:

I just activated my PM sim and can't MMS. SIMone keeps popping up a 'contact moderator' page, but when I enter my community username  and password (NOT the account username and password, but I've tried entering those too), it keeps saying 'error  logging in'.

As you guys can see, I'm obviously signed in to the community given I'm posting this question here. So, I think there is something wrong with the moderator ticket opening page.

Is anyone else having the same issue? Someone please tell the moderators about this issue. I don't know how to do that since I'm new here.

@publicmobileun  No need for a moderator as we can help you resolve your issue. What type of phone do you have? If you have an older iPhone4x then MMS will not work. Otherwise just make sure you have mms enabled (iMessage settings) and data is turned on.

If you have an Android phone then make sure you APN Type: contains mms as part of the value string in addition to data being on.

Let us know if it's still a problem.

publicmobileun

Yes it is turned on. This post is just about my moderator contact issues. I've created another post with the details on the actual issue I'm having. I'll link to it once the link shows up. For some reason, it's not showing up at the moment.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

You have to enable data to send mms. Another problem is apn settings. What's the make and model of your phone? Thanks. These are PM's.

Screenshot_20200323-162159.jpg

@publicmobileun Contact the moderators directly through private message here 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Stay safe.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@publicmobileun hi your data must be turned on to use mms it does not use your data allotment 

Need Help? Let's chat.