cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mod response times?

MrMime
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi. How long should I expect to wait for a mod response to a private message?

I sent a message 8 days ago and haven’t had a response or acknowledgement.

23 REPLIES 23

JackQuint
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The lack of alacrity is by design. PM exists for two reasons: to capture a segment of business that is only concerned about lowest cost possible; and, as a leader to drive business to Koodo. Telus specifically allocates resources to PM support that are minimally necessary to keep them from being in breach of the legal obligations of good faith performance. Beyond that, they have no desire to provide any customer service to PM customers.

Choose PM because it meets your needs, but do so with the expectation that this forum is your only means of responsive support. If you need a mod for something, anticipate waiting days for a response. If that doesn't work for you, then you're with the wrong provider. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@will13am wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@MrMime wrote:

I sent another one yesterday and haven’t had a response to that nor the original message from 8 days ago.

My issue is here

@MrMime  Unfortunately PM is experiencing serious issues with their voucher processing system resulting in customers having their accounts suspended so these cases are taking precedence over lower priority requests. I'm afraid it's going to take awhile longer for your case.

It's pure speculation what is going on behind the scenes.  We can only suspect that voucher problems is the major issue affecting response time.  Maybe there are other factors.  One of the big criticism of this service is the lack of transparency on the ticketing system when a customer has a problem.  I would say this issue persists in spite of your wild guess to fill in the blank.

The debate on priority system is totally frivolous.  It is inexcusable that any moderator team interaction needs to take more than 2 days for a first response.   Invariably someone is going to be stuck without solution for days and days.  The proper resolution to the current issue is to improve the level of customer service.  End of discussion.

Yeah it ended last night. 🙂

I agree. Whether first come first served or prioritization (or both as suggested)...it oughta be a whole lot faster.

@geopublic wrote:

@MrMime wrote:

I sent another one yesterday and haven’t had a response to that nor the original message from 8 days ago.

My issue is here

@MrMime  Unfortunately PM is experiencing serious issues with their voucher processing system resulting in customers having their accounts suspended so these cases are taking precedence over lower priority requests. I'm afraid it's going to take awhile longer for your case.

It's pure speculation what is going on behind the scenes.  We can only suspect that voucher problems is the major issue affecting response time.  Maybe there are other factors.  One of the big criticism of this service is the lack of transparency on the ticketing system when a customer has a problem.  I would say this issue persists in spite of your wild guess to fill in the blank.

The debate on priority system is totally frivolous.  It is inexcusable that any moderator team interaction needs to take more than 2 days for a first response.   Invariably someone is going to be stuck without solution for days and days.  The proper resolution to the current issue is to improve the level of customer service.  End of discussion.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@geopublic  and @Anonymous  no need for the dismissive comments at the end.  I think this thread has turned into a debate that if continued should be in the lounge

I agree. I was put off with the "enough said". So I replied with what I did...but included a smiley for no hard feelings.

No need I'm done.

@geopublic  and @Anonymous  no need for the dismissive comments at the end.  I think this thread has turned into a debate that if continued should be in the lounge

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Anonymous wrote:

Opinions. I like fair. I don't think it's fair that if and when a large-scale malfunction happens that all those people that had pm'd simple little problems now have to wait an unknown number of days to fix their issue. Even if not entitled to their request, it's fair that they get an answer in their position of the queue. Certainly not how a call centre works. First come first served. You don't get told oh, that's all, yeah no you'll have to wait. No...*everyone* gets to wait in the queue until someone is available to answer.

At carriers with call centres, the order of calls being answered depends on the carrier. Not all of them always answer calls in the order received.  I remember some carriers would even play a pre-recored message about how important your calls was to them and that your call was being answered in "priority sequence".  Some people were even convinced that the more you spent on average per month, the faster your call would be answered, or even cause your calls routed to "better" agents.

@Anonymous wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@Anonymous  If PM uses their drscretion to prioritize and handle urgent cases because of a system error or mulfunction I don't have a problem with that. In fact I think that would be the logical thing to do.

FIFO does not make sense in this case 

Enough said.

Opinions. I like fair. I don't think it's fair that if and when a large-scale malfunction happens that all those people that had pm'd simple little problems now have to wait an unknown number of days to fix their issue. Even if not entitled to their request, it's fair that they get an answer in their position of the queue. Certainly not how a call centre works. First come first served. You don't get told oh, that's all, yeah no you'll have to wait. No...*everyone* gets to wait in the queue until someone is available to answer.

You're dismissed. Be gone. 🙂

@Anonymous That's not how prioritization works. If there are 10 moderators prioritization could mean that 8 of those moderators can be working on emergency break/fix cases and the remainder working the FIFO queue. It's not necessarily all or nothing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@geopublic wrote:

@Anonymous  If PM uses their drscretion to prioritize and handle urgent cases because of a system error or mulfunction I don't have a problem with that. In fact I think that would be the logical thing to do.

Enough said.

You're dismissed. Be gone. 🙂

@geopublic wrote:

Are we sure that Public Mobile doesn't already do that?  Unfortuantely, at least lately, something isn't working, at least based on the number of concerns being mentioned about slow response times.

Enough said.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

There is always confcting info on priority of private messages. It used th first in first out, but recently were were told they were trying to prioritize some messages.  If they are still doing that or not I am not sure. Maybe with the new support system things might get better. 

I would imaging having  good subject line and detailed message will help no matter which system they use. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@geopublic wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@MrMime wrote:

My issue is here

@geopublic: I've seen this mentioned a couple times....how do you come to know that they are prioritizing?

I can't remember the exact post but I think one of the oracles mentioned that there was prioritization.

It only makes sense. If voucher processing is going through a meltdown that the moderator team give priority in those cases.

It makes sense. @Luddite just mentioned in another post that wait times were 4-7 days.

Makes sense to me. If you know otherwise do tell.

tl;dr I don't know. 🙂

I've only ever understood that it's first come first served. The queue. From a customer standpoint sure it makes sense to prioritize. My issue is more important than yours! and all that. But if there is a meltdown (hello...this is Public freaking Mobile here) then those customers deemed not a priority will just keep dropping down the priority list and never get answers. Therefore it makes sense to keep the pm's in a queue.

Now...internal prioritization of fixing problems that come up absolutely. But I wonder that the customers should remain in a queue as they came in even with those problems. That's slightly different from prioritizing fixing problems. Those customers experiencing the problem will get fixed just by the way.

I don't agree. If a customers account is suspended of no fault of the customer then they  should have priority over someone who is asking for a refund that he is not entitled to.

If you think it should be FIFO that's your opinion.

By the way just curious were does it say it's a FIFO system?

I never said it was stated. Just my understanding. Along the lines of the flip-flopping statements of whether multiple pm's drop you down the queue. Well then there's a queue. Is it being prioritized? Not stated.

@Anonymous wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@MrMime wrote:

My issue is here

@geopublic: I've seen this mentioned a couple times....how do you come to know that they are prioritizing?

I can't remember the exact post but I think one of the oracles mentioned that there was prioritization.

It only makes sense. If voucher processing is going through a meltdown that the moderator team give priority in those cases.

It makes sense. @Luddite just mentioned in another post that wait times were 4-7 days.

tl;dr I don't know. 🙂

I've only ever understood that it's first come first served. The queue. From a customer standpoint sure it makes sense to prioritize. My issue is more important than yours! and all that. But if there is a meltdown (hello...this is Public freaking Mobile here) then those customers deemed not a priority will just keep dropping down the priority list and never get answers. Therefore it makes sense to keep the pm's in a queue.

Now...internal prioritization of fixing problems that come up absolutely. But I wonder that the customers should remain in a queue as they came in even with those problems. That's slightly different from prioritizing fixing problems. Those customers experiencing the problem will get fixed just by the way.

I don't agree. If a customers account is suspended of no fault of the customer then they  should have priority over someone who is asking for a refund that he is not entitled to.

If you think it should be FIFO that's your opinion.

By the way just curious were does it say it's a FIFO system?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@geopublic wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@MrMime wrote:

My issue is here

tl;dr I don't know. 🙂

@geopublicSo conjecture counts as facts? How in the heck is it helpful other than giving people false hope?

OP originally wanted to prorate a plan he just made. It is stated all plans are non refundable and don't get prorated.. why give @MrMime the false hope that the moderators are going to change their mind?

@Anonymous wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@MrMime wrote:

My issue is here

It only makes sense. If voucher processing is going through a meltdown then the moderator team should give priority in those cases.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@geopublic wrote:

@MrMime wrote:

My issue is here

@MrMime wrote:

My issue is here

MrMime
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My issue is here

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@MrMime wrote:

@MrMime  that's too long. Send them another message asking for a status update. Are you having voucher issues or is it something else?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrMime wrote:

Do you possibly see a red blob in the upper right of this screen? Over a little envelope icon?

If not...wow..just incredible. Just go ahead and send another one. They've apparently been very busy and maybe your patient one pm got lost in the avalanche.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@MrMime wrote:

You should not be waiting that long I would send another message to them.  Anything going over 2 days I would be sending one.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.