cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile number still not ported

Ru
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello everyone. I just switched carriers today from virgin mobile and requested my number be ported. I can send messages and call out with my ported number however I can’t tecieve incoming calls and am getting a message from virgin saying the customer you are calling is unavailable at the moment. So I called virgin to see what the hold up is and they told me the port request is good on their end and my numbers been cleared for port. So how long do I have to wait for public mobile to complete this port seeing I can’t afford to switch my number due to work and children reasons 

7 REPLIES 7

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks @Ru

It's just one more thing to check so that when you go to the Moderators you can tell them things you have already tried.

On one of my accounts, I lost service on my old carrier and everything was supposed to be ported over. However, whenever someone tried to call in, it went to the voicemail of my old provider.

I contacted the moderator, and they asked me to contact the old carrier and verify the IMEI and some PIN which was associated with my account. I did that and everything was correct, so the PM moderator stated that the port was stuck and resubmitted it. Once they intervened, everything was solved within a couple hours and I got a message from them declaring everything was complete. 

So if you have already gone through some of the troubleshooting others have recommended on this thread it would be good to message the Moderator and they should be able to get everything straigthened out for you.

Ru

I never thought to check however I’m going to assume I do seeing when my child tried to contact me she got a virgin message saying I was unavailable  

Ru

Ty very much I will give it a try and use the link you posted 

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Welcome @Ru

Do you still have service on your old SIM? Usually when you lose service on your old SIM the port should be complete.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You  should be able to usr old sim till ports complete.

If it takes longer than several hours message mods with the needed porting info.

Mods seem to be replying in 72+ hours

nlakhani
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am facing same issue. its been 4th day today and Moderator seems to be too busy to respond.. it seems I made biggest mistake moving to public mobile

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It may take up to 4-6 hours for the port to complete.  If it has been longer than that, you should contact the Moderator Team so they can look into it.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

Need Help? Let's chat.