Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile compatibility

ndiqbal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have Galaxy A8 

Model Number : SM-A530W

Did not find in the compatibility list, is this phone is compatible?

I have Koodo postpaid SIM and need to switch Public Mobile postpaid do I need to order new SIM from Public Mobile or my Koodo sim is okay

I need to use my old Koodo number to Public Mobile.

10 REPLIES 10

@ndiqbal 

The SM-A530W not being on the list is kind of silly on Public Mobile's part as both Telus and Koodo have sold this exact same phone model.  Using this device on Public Mobile is pretty mucg plug and play. You shouldn"t have to make changes to any network settings.

@ndiqbal 

I ordered two from them and it took about alittle over a week from Ontario to Montreal area. It all depends where you're located. They ship from North York Ontario or Mississauga  Came via Canada Post regular mail.

As mentioned before. You can get one right away by going to a Walmart or London drugs etc 

ndiqbal

How much time it will take to get SIM order online @ Canadian Cell Supplies.

ndiqbal

Thanks!

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

I sent you a code via private message. Look at top right of forums. You will see an envelope icon. That is your private inbox. That's where I sent it.

Enter the referral number when you activate the sim card there is a section that will ask for it. The $10 credit will be applied within 72 hours of activating.

Regards

JB

ndiqbal

Thanks for reply 

how can I get referral bonus?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@ndiqbal 

Once you get a sim card follow instructions on link below to port your number over. Make sure you keep Koodo Account active.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Number-transfer-in-Self-Serve-impacted-...

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@ndiqbal Yes, this phone works with PM. My J1 is not on list as well, but works perfectly.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Yes phone will work.

Public mobile is prepaid 30 day plans. You need to order a new public mobile sim card.

You can also go to stores like Walmart/London drugs and pic one up.dont forget to use a referral code for a $10 signup bonus.

You can also order online from Canadian Cell Supplies. It's cheaper than on Public Mobile. It's $3.33 right now 

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/

Need Help? Let's chat.