cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Number Port from Bell Landline - Typo on address

coolspot
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi @Moderator_Team,

I think I made a typo on the landline port request from a Bell Canada landline. For the address, I typed in North York rather than Toronto and also forgot to enter in my apartment #. Stupid me.

The account number, name, and everything else is correct. 

Is there a way to quickly correct the information so that the port doesn't fail?

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@coolspot wrote:

Yes, number is showing up in the PM portal... OK I'll message the mods, because I think without the apartment number it's probably the port is going to fail.

PM has your Bell landline number.  Send private message to moderator.  I have seen moderator answering a post today.  You may get help today.  YMMV.

coolspot

Yes, number is showing up in the PM portal... OK I'll message the mods, because I think without the apartment number it's probably the port is going to fail.

Dankaroo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@coolspot wrote:

Hi @Moderator_Team,

I think I made a typo on the landline port request from a Bell Canada landline. For the address, I typed in North York rather than Toronto and also forgot to enter in my apartment #. Stupid me.

The account number, name, and everything else is correct. 

Is there a way to quickly correct the information so that the port doesn't fail?

Thanks.

Communicating this issue with @CS_Agent is the right choice. Their prefered method of communication is private messages.

If you press/click on their name, scroll down to the Contact Me section you can send them a private message.

For the quickest resolution I suggest providing them with your correct account info, the info fields that need to be addressed (ie. City) and the correct info for the respective fields. It may or may not be necessary to include the detail that this was a landline. Best of luck, hope you hear back by Monday

Edit: Sorry @popping I started my response before yours showed up. *Facepalms*

popping

@Psygineer wrote:

@coolspot wrote:

Great thanks - do you get notified if the port failed? I just don't want to wait needlessly if the port has not gone through.

For me, when I ported my parent's line it wouldn't even let me submit the port properly until I matched their address perfectly (Crescent when it wanted CRES). I'm thinking your port likely is fine as popping indidcated the account number and phone number might be all that is really needed to be correct.

I'd be concerned that the port failed that after a few business days when my landline is still intercepting the incoming calls.

@coolspot

You may want to send a private message to moderator with your details.  Moderators are working today at least.  With the response time improvement, you may get help today.  YMMV.

Saturday and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7:30pm (EDT)
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Is your Bell number showing on your self serve portal [Plan and Add-Ons] page?

If yes, PM had done it part to port your Bell number.  It will up to Bell to release your landline number.

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@coolspot

I don't think there is notification per-se that porting has failed. Possibly, before that the Moderators may contact you for any anomalies or difficulties they see in your porting.

I'd better be in touch with the Moderators rather than just wait, and earlier the better.

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@coolspot wrote:

Great thanks - do you get notified if the port failed? I just don't want to wait needlessly if the port has not gone through.

For me, when I ported my parent's line it wouldn't even let me submit the port properly until I matched their address perfectly (Crescent when it wanted CRES). I'm thinking your port likely is fine as popping indidcated the account number and phone number might be all that is really needed to be correct.

I'd be concerned that the port failed that after a few business days when my landline is still intercepting the incoming calls.

coolspot

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@coolspot

Hi,

Indeed you'll need to contact the moderators to rectify your typos. Based on the experience of a family member who just completed exactly the same thing - ported a landline number to Public Mobile (PM), these tips might help:

1. Expect about 7 days for the process to complete

2. During the porting process expect a hybrid phone arrangement, that is, you'll be able to call out from your PM number with your new ported number ID but the incoming calls may still go to your landline. Not definitely but possibly, this hybrid phenomena may last for 2-3 days.

3. Do not cancel your landline. Let that account continue and once the porting is complete and working 100%, only then call them to cancel your service.

Happy porting Smiley Happy

popping

@coolspot

Porting a landline may take up to one week.  Account# and phone# are all you need to port a number.  

Is your Bell number showing on the self serve portal?

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'd suggest contacting the mods here as well as your old provider. The mods might be able to maniuplate your previous port request with the corrected information and resubmit it on your behalf. I'm not sure what would happen if you did that yourself so they would be the best solution PM side. As for your previous provider, let them know you are porting out and you might have typed your address info wrong, they might be able to see the porting request and manually authorize it on their end.

Also be aware that landline ports take much longer than mobile to mobile ports so your incoming calls will still ring your land line for a few business days.

Need Help? Let's chat.